Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

03-03-2010, 11:56   #16
mrmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel021 View Post
This was sold over 5 months ago

Does a sold item really need to be recategorised.

Ridiculous
I moved that this morning, as it was in the "Other Photography" category. Simply tidying up some glitches in the site listings, sorry if this caused you any distress.

Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-03-2010, 12:04   #17
mrmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmynokia View Post

would it be possible to remove sold items this is still an issue with people texting and calling?
You items do not contain your contact details, I fail to see how people can text or call you?

Quote:

to post up warnings for people that do get your number and give them say 3 chances to be barred from site as due to constant endless text messages and phone calls these can be monitored as they have profile set up

Again, I don't understand what you mean by "people that do get your number". Only people who have agreed a deal, should have your contact details. Why are you getting constant messages?

Quote:

selling mobile phones there is an iemi data base

car sales ....
While these are both good ideas, we can't police the listing of "apparently" legal listings. We strongly advise ALL buyers, of ANY item to fully investigate it's history, before agreeing a deal.
Thanks from:
03-03-2010, 12:12   #18
Tom1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorimporter View Post
I know it has been suggested on the "petition" thread about completely removing "sold" adverts from each section.

In my opinion it is both interesting and helpful to see how much interest there has been in certain items for sale and also how much they sold for.

So I would suggest keeping the sold items available for viewing on the site ssomewhere, but how about moving them to an entirely different category titled "sold items".

That way, people browsing the "for sale" categories do not have to sift through "sold" ads, but they are available as a point of reference for anybody interested.

Just a thought

I agree. I'm relatively new to this site and having sold/withdrawn ads cluttering up the searches really annoys me. It's frustrating to find something I'm interested in and then noticing that I can't buy it because it's gone. I really don't see the point.

If something is sold or withdrawn please make the ad go away. If we really must keep every ad ever posted for old time's sake at least put them in some bin somewhere and not leave them on the main pages.

And 'my ads' has a load of old ads which won't ever be relisted since the items are quite literally gone. I'd really like to be able to just clear them out.
(4) thanks from:
03-03-2010, 12:34   #19
Rebel021

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmac View Post
I moved that this morning, as it was in the "Other Photography" category. Simply tidying up some glitches in the site listings, sorry if this caused you any distress.

No distress at all
Thanks from:
04-03-2010, 08:29   #20
palmer

placing stuff in proper categories

hi.

just wondering if u can place stuff where it should be??
as i found few xps laptops in hardware section,not laptops section

this might be bit annoying as some people may not see some good stuff

also when u choose to search by county this not always work
Advertisement
04-03-2010, 08:32   #21
smashey
Administrator

Admin: GAA Mods, GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmer View Post
hi.

just wondering if u can place stuff where it should be??
as i found few xps laptops in hardware section,not laptops section

this might be bit annoying as some people may not see some good stuff

also when u choose to search by county this not always work
Hi palmer,

We're atill moving ads to the right categories but if you spot onw, please report it and the mods will sort it.
04-03-2010, 09:13   #22
thesandeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzla View Post
A mobile version of the site?
Definatly +1. I just came here to suggest same thing lol. It would be great to just have a simple mobile version similar to m.boards or the ebay mobile site.
08-03-2010, 22:59   #23
cupocoffee

Possible improvements

Hi - well done on the new look site.

There are a couple of things I'd like to see implemented:

I agree with an earlier poster who wants to be able to remove banned ads from their watch list.
It'd also be nice to be able to select multiple watched ads and delete them in one go without having to go into individual ads to unwatch them.

Another point is that I don't get why there are so many new sub-categories. It increases complexity & makes the site more difficult to traverse -I now find it much more difficult to keep up with developments on recently updated items.

In the computer category for example:
- what is the difference between hardware & peripherals?
- why divide printers from printer accessories & supplies (and is it not in fact a piece of hardware or a peripheral)?
- if you have a section for printers then why not one for hard drives, another for ram, another for graphics cards etc etc.

Maybe there should be a single section called Hardware / Peripherals ?

How about a page on the site where you can view the most recently updated ad for each category - with an option for drilling into whichever section to view the next most recently updated ad ... and so on. (Something similar to the old adverts.ie main page). Lots of info without a load of mouse-clicks is great when you can get it.

Thanks.
16-03-2010, 11:00   #24
samhail

i wouldnt mind seeing the exact time for Date Entered rather than just the date on adverts.
Advertisement
20-03-2010, 22:10   #25

Too much choice

Does there really have to be so many categories? It was great if you were specifically looking for a car/mobile phone/book/dvd etc and "General" was great if you just want to "browse" and see what else was for sale. Now under "Browse" I look and think what do I want to look at? Can't decide and get fed up and leave the site. I once walked into a shop looking for a snack. I couldn't decide what I wanted. The guy behind the counter asked me "what do you notice?". I said "everything's so expensive"?! He said no "too much choice". I have lost so much interest and it's a pity. I used to enjoy it and thought it was a great site. But that's just my opinion. Good luck anyway.
20-03-2010, 22:44   #26
Black_Knight
I speak fluent sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoaVista View Post
car/mobile phone/book/dvd etc and "General" was great if you just want to "browse" and see what else was for sale.
Cars
Mobile phones
Books
General
No change there!

As for general, it was too general, but im such a nice mod, a used the search option to do a seach for all items in all the old general FS categories.

Sort by most recent:
Link that will show all the general FS stuff as it used to be.
Sort by last comment
Link that will show all the general FS stuff as it used to be

PS. Do NOT use the "next" button to skip pages (at the bottom of the page), use the page numbers.

EDIT: This is a suggestion thread!
Thanks from:
20-03-2010, 22:47   #27
Black_Knight
I speak fluent sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhail View Post
i wouldnt mind seeing the exact time for Date Entered rather than just the date on adverts.
Where is it only showing the Date and not the time on adverts?

I just looked at an ad at random and it has both date and time.
21-03-2010, 18:36   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Knight View Post
Cars
Mobile phones
Books
General
No change there!
That was my point. It was great like that.

Quote:
As for general, it was too general, but im such a nice mod, a used the search option to do a seach for all items in all the old general FS categories.
Appreciate that thanks. That's what was good about general, you never really new what you were gonna get. Like a lucky dip!

Quote:

PS. Do NOT use the "next" button to skip pages (at the bottom of the page), use the page numbers.
I never do use the "next button", not sure if that comment was for me.

Quote:
EDIT: This is a suggestion thread!
I know, I was suggesting less categories.
21-03-2010, 18:55   #29
Black_Knight
I speak fluent sarcasm

Quote:
That was my point. It was great like that.
They're still like that.

Quote:
I never do use the "next button", not sure if that comment was for me.
The next button doesnt work for custom searchs. Its never really worked. I was only mentioning it incase it became an issue.
21-03-2010, 22:08   #30

Quote:
They're still like that.
I meant the general being too general was great, imo. That's what made it good, never know what you were gonna get next. Maybe the categories could be merged a little, eg. maybe put computers, consoles & games, electronics in one category. Just a suggestion.
Forum Closed