Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residential Cctv

Options
  • 12-03-2019 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi looking to put up 4 cameras on a detached two storey hse was looking at following cameras HiWatch™ 4MP IP Bullet Camera (Outdoor, 30m IR, 2.8-12mm Varifocal Lens, Motorised)
    IPC3234SR3-DVZ28 Uniview 4MP IP Network 2.7-12mm Vari-focal Lens Vandal Resistant Dome Camera, Audio I / O, 30m Smart IR
    IPC2328SBR5-DPZ Uniview 8MP 4K IP Network 2.8-12mm Vari-focal Lens Bullet Camera, Audio I / O, 30m Smart IR
    DM50IP12V30R set at 4MP Grey vandal resistant dome 2.8-12mm manual zoom lens, 30m IR
    Any advice on which of these cameras or combinatio should you reccommend or is there anything else I should go for.
    HSE is detached and in an estate
    Looking for something easy to use as have no knowledge of cctv. But it seems I would be able to get better value by buying cameras direct and getting electrician to install than going with an alarm company.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi watch is a lower spec than the HIK Vision main brand.
    Your sparks need to be certified to install a CCTV system or you and him would be breaking the law.
    Have a read here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

altor wrote: »
    Your sparks need to be certified to install a CCTV system or you and him would be breaking the law.
    Have a read here.

His sparks could advise on the install with no financial reward and there would be no law being broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭granturismo

altor wrote: »
    Have a read here.

According to that link - no license is needed;

What’s not licensable?
     anyCCTVsystemusedfor environmentalpurposes suchaspollutioncontrol,illegal dumping/littering,
     any CCTV system used to monitor cattle, drains, processing lines or other such purposes which does not
    involve security,
     any system installed in a domestic setting by the householder.

Cavanbhoy wrote: »
    Hi looking to put up 4 cameras on a detached two storey hse was looking at following cameras HiWatch™ 4MP IP Bullet Camera (Outdoor, 30m IR, 2.8-12mm Varifocal Lens, Motorised)
    IPC3234SR3-DVZ28 Uniview 4MP IP Network 2.7-12mm Vari-focal Lens Vandal Resistant Dome Camera, Audio I / O, 30m Smart IR
    IPC2328SBR5-DPZ Uniview 8MP 4K IP Network 2.8-12mm Vari-focal Lens Bullet Camera, Audio I / O, 30m Smart IR
    DM50IP12V30R set at 4MP Grey vandal resistant dome 2.8-12mm manual zoom lens, 30m IR
    Any advice on which of these cameras or combinatio should you reccommend or is there anything else I should go for.
    HSE is detached and in an estate
    Looking for something easy to use as have no knowledge of cctv. But it seems I would be able to get better value by buying cameras direct and getting electrician to install than going with an alarm company.
    Thanks

As Altor mentioned the sparks would need to be licensed by the PSA. However if you installed them with his guidance than no law is being broke.

Regarding the spec. Bullets on a house are not nice. The turretts are alot nicer. If you are going down the route of 4k this and that you need to do some more research. Storage/Bandwidth etc all will be affected. The 1080 range of IP cameras from HIKVision are really good as are the HIWatch range.

Do you really need varifocal? For domestic settings 2.8mm fixed lenses are usually sufficient. I know that depends on your house and surrounding areas but just think of what you want to cover before you buy cameras which you may not need.

I have installed the HiWatch range and as altor mentioned it is the lower end of HIKVision gear. It is still good though so dont let the thought of it being lower end put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Cavanbhoy

Hi thanks for all the replies. So would hiwatch or hikivision 4mp fixed lens be adequate for facial recognition. In hindsight the 4k most problem was overkill. The hse is 1600sq ft 2 storey detached. Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi thanks for all the replies. So would hiwatch or hikivision 4mp fixed lens be adequate for facial recognition. In hindsight the 4k most problem was overkill. The hse is 1600sq ft 2 storey detached. Cheers

If you have the money go with the HIKvision range. They have cameras with all that kind of stuff built in. Make sure and get a machine which can do such things as well.

alta stare wrote: »
    If you have the money go with the HIKvision range. They have cameras with all that kind of stuff built in. Make sure and get a machine which can do such things as well.

Hi Thanks
    Would the Hikvision 4mp fixed lens be adequate or would you need the vari focal.
    Thanks again

Hi Thanks
    Would the Hikvision 4mp fixed lens be adequate or would you need the vari focal.
    Thanks again

In most cases yes. The most common camera we install in a domestic setting would be a fixed 2.8mm turret.

alta stare wrote: »
    In most cases yes. The most common camera we install in a domestic setting would be a fixed 2.8mm turret.

Hi Thanks for all your help would you reccommend Hikvision Easy IP HiWatch 4MP Turret Camera with Motorised Zoom, 30m IR IPC-T640-Z there 110 euro each or is there a specific model you recommend.
    As a bit confused with all the different versions.

Hi Thanks for all your help would you reccommend Hikvision Easy IP HiWatch 4MP Turret Camera with Motorised Zoom, 30m IR IPC-T640-Z there 110 euro each or is there a specific model you recommend.
    As a bit confused with all the different versions.

It depends on what you want to cover and the amount of area you need covered.

The motorised cameras are handy for driveways/gates etc if they are stepped back a bit from the dwelling. They are overkill if just looking over a yard/garden etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 WexfordRonald

Hi,

I am looking for a single camera to face out on my driveway and connected to my phone so I get notified if anyone comes up. So far all the quotes i've received add in a 22 inch tv, recorder box etc and the price comes in at €650. Seems abit overkill for what Im looking for. Can anyone advise where/who could install a simple set up? I am not DIY savvy so need a professional

Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi,

I am looking for a single camera to face out on my driveway and connected to my phone so I get notified if anyone comes up. So far all the quotes i've received add in a 22 inch tv, recorder box etc and the price comes in at €650. Seems abit overkill for what Im looking for. Can anyone advise where/who could install a simple set up? I am not DIY savvy so need a professional

Thanks for any help

Ring doorbell or likes of WiFi blink cameras from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jenb550

Apologies for hijacking this thread folks but I'm having trouble getting my system installed. I have a C2 max, four camera system bought but overestimated my installation abilities and am now having trouble as most co panties I've contacted will supply and fit only. Nobody seems to be willing to fit an existing system.

Am I wrong? Should I keep trying or does anyone know of a company in munster that would be willing to fit them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Hi all, seeing as how this thread exists I might as well throw my post in. Quoted €1,300 for a 4 camera Hikvision Turbo HD setup. 1TB storage with a 4 channel DVR, monitor, mouse and wired up. We're getting a HKC alarm and I believe the Hikvision system ties in with the alarm so if the alarm goes off the cameras will be on the same app.

There's been a number of burglaries in the estate recently and we have some easy theft items like handbags, shoes, bike etc. My question is effective CCTV possible?

No use getting a camera on the front of the house just to watch someone steal a car. Is it worthwhile having a second camera focused on the driveway or road and a second for the overall view?

We have a Nest doorbell but have on street parking in our estate so lots of people walking past the door so it's only used for the doorbell part.

We could just get two Nest Cameras for €800. At the very least it would help deter thieves and also let us know someone dodgy is around the area for our Facebook group.

Can a 4 camera system be setup to actually catch a face or reg though?

Advertisement