Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens Vanderbilt house pre-wired

Options
  • 12-03-2019 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

A few months ago I was interested in HKC and appreciated your clarifications in my previous post.
    However due to lack of time I did not go ahead and recently evaluating the other alarms recommended here my choice turned towards Siemens, mainly for its own web server and the home automation capabilities (on top of better polling times than HKC).

The house is pre-wired so I am keen to get a Siemens wired alarm dual path broadband/GSM.

I am aware that Siemens does not support natively wireless Inertia shocks (bridge required, messy workaround...).
    In my case as all the sensors contact/inertia/PIR will be wired my understanding is that there are no limitations with Siemens, right?

Regarding cloud IP cameras, what are the cons of having them integrated with the alarm?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi

Some cameras/recorders will integrate with Siemens/Vanderbilt however the app will only give you snap shots & not live view. The native app for cameras will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FrankTupelo

Thanks KoolKid, good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

A few months ago I was interested in HKC and appreciated your clarifications in my previous post.
    However due to lack of time I did not go ahead and recently evaluating the other alarms recommended here my choice turned towards Siemens, mainly for its own web server and the home automation capabilities (on top of better polling times than HKC).

The house is pre-wired so I am keen to get a Siemens wired alarm dual path broadband/GSM.

I am aware that Siemens does not support natively wireless Inertia shocks (bridge required, messy workaround...).
    In my case as all the sensors contact/inertia/PIR will be wired my understanding is that there are no limitations with Siemens, right?

Regarding cloud IP cameras, what are the cons of having them integrated with the alarm?

Yes the system can have vibration sensors if wired so you should not have any issues.
    Always best to keep CCTV separate from alarm system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FrankTupelo

Great, thanks!
    Ok sounds good, so I will focus on the alarm for now and will think to the cameras later.

Advertisement