Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's growing in my grass and how do I fix it!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

...Human urine from the male sex will kill them and bring your grass on.
    You can thank me later. :D:D

Have a look at the size of the garden again!

Not sure either the OP, or the neighbours, will be thanking you later! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Have a look at the size of the garden again!

Not sure either the OP, or the neighbours, will be thanking you later! :p

Have a barbeque, get the neighbours involved too. ;)

It does work though..and all natural. :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When I read this thread first and then come across this, I start wondering... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

worker bee wrote: »

And they are wildflowers so they have a value as that.

exactly, bees need them ....don't kill the daises

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Have a barbeque, get the neighbours involved too. ;)

It does work though..and all natural. :p

A Spring piss up! Woo hoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

fryup wrote: »
    exactly, bees need them ....don't kill the daises

Found this one in my garden's lawn area few weeks back and did dig it out and moved it to a bare spot in one of the flower beds so as to keep it alive and not let it get cut by the lawn mower. Not sure if it will continue to produce extra sized daisy flowers but it will be interesting to see how it develops. Not sure how the bees will feel about a daisy like that but have plenty of normal ones growing as well in case they don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭worker bee

Fasciation.

Lots of (not really) explanations - more like theories - bacteria, hormonal imbalance, viral infection, random, fungi, mites, infections, cold, frost, inherited -

https://www.google.com/search?q=fasciation+daisies&rlz=1C1GCEU_enIE820IE820&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjlt9uryZPhAhXZSxUIHcn-A8IQ_AUIDigB&biw=1680&bih=907

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

worker bee wrote: »
    Fasciation.

Lots of (not really) explanations - more like theories - bacteria, hormonal imbalance, viral infection, random, fungi, mites, infections, cold, frost, inherited -

https://www.google.com/search?q=fasciation+daisies&rlz=1C1GCEU_enIE820IE820&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjlt9uryZPhAhXZSxUIHcn-A8IQ_AUIDigB&biw=1680&bih=907

Thanks for that link. Did not realise there was a name for it. I've seen it with dandelions before but this is the first time I've been able to isolate the plant and so mark it out for further observation. Just checked it earlier and there are more normal flowers after being produced so might just be a once off thing on that plant. All the more recently produced flowers are just like standard daisy flowers.

Advertisement