Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socket in blockwork wall

Options
  • 13-02-2019 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have a double socket in what sounds like a blockwork internal wall. I want to move the socket a few inches to the right so that it can be hidden in a new unit I'm putting in. Is it a big or messy job for an electrician to do this in a solid wall?
    Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It is a messy job but not a big job.

Assuming this is not a bathroom or kitchen, a competent handyman could do this job.

Really it is about having a tidy finish and that is most of the work.

It is really the chasing and plastering that takes the time, not the actual wiring.

How big the work is depends on how many inches you want to move it and how much slack there is on the cable that is installed already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

I want to move the socket a few inches to the right.
    Will moving the socket require extra cable or will you need to shorten the wire?
    Is it coming up from the floor or down from the ceiling?

Advertisement