Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDLES Vicar Street 2nd of April 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Nal wrote: »
    What a shíthole of a pub that place is. An absolute kip.

easy tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

peteeeed wrote: »
    easy tiger

Ha, something awful must have happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

easy tiger

Was there an issue with the beer on Tuesday? There seemed to be a very limited selection compared to when I was last there about 6 months ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Did anyone catch what he said about Fontaines DC? My hearing was a bit gone at that point. Kinda looked like he either just gave them a random shout out.. or he forgot who had just supported them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Can't remember what he said to bring them up, but he then said he'll make sure they get home safely (they are supporting Idles on the US tour in May)

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    Did anyone catch what he said about Fontaines DC? My hearing was a bit gone at that point. Kinda looked like he either just gave them a random shout out.. or he forgot who had just supported them.

he said . 'we promise to bring them back safe'

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Was there an issue with the beer on Tuesday? There seemed to be a very limited selection compared to when I was last there about 6 months ago ?

yep think they were out of a few alright , they change up their craft beers quite a lot so from time to time they have a few spare taps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

he said . 'we promise to bring them back safe'

Pretty sure some of them were in the crowd too.

I’m gonna pick up tickets for iveagh gardens in the back of that gig. Didn’t think I’d be pushed to see them again but that gig was fantastic. Add in murder capital and rolling coastal blackout fever and you can’t go wrong. Iveagh gardens a great spot to watch a gig too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

maximoose wrote: »
    Can't remember what he said to bring them up, but he then said he'll make sure they get home safely (they are supporting Idles on the US tour in May)

did anyone make it back to the workmans to catch the fontaines DJ set after the gig ?

Was it any good?

Easy Rod wrote: »

I’m gonna pick up tickets for iveagh gardens in the back of that gig. Didn’t think I’d be pushed to see them again but that gig was fantastic. Add in murder capital and rolling coastal blackout fever and you can’t go wrong. Iveagh gardens a great spot to watch a gig too

yeah they dj'd in the garage i think afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Wooderson

ryaner777 wrote: »

Heh. I said "here's whats the story with the ****e range of beer here?" and nearly got lobbed out.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Heh. I said "here's whats the story with the ****e range of beer here?" and nearly got lobbed out.

hahaha i'll have a word

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Wooderson

hahaha i'll have a word

They didnt have any Jameson. :eek:

Im usually very tolerant of places that have a bit of a "relaxed buzz" in terms of how its being ran. But this place looked like it will be shuttered in a month. An embarrassment, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

It's The Claque supporting, not the Murder Capital

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Don't think The Murder Capital are on that bill - The Claque are first on afaik.

Wooderson wrote: »
    They didnt have any Jameson. :eek:

Im usually very tolerant of places that have a bit of a "relaxed buzz" in terms of how its being ran. But this place looked like it will be shuttered in a month. An embarrassment, really.

their whiskey ,whisky and bourbon selection is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

hahaha i'll have a word

Boozers with fcuk all booze.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

It's The Claque supporting, not the Murder Capital

Yeah you’re right, I had heard rumors they were being added but obviously didn’t happen... or maybe I’m thinking of something else entirely!

Anyway, really liking the Claque so far so still happy out!

Advertisement