Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IDLES Vicar Street 2nd of April 2019

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Stillill42

How were the tacos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Meh.

(!)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Stillill42 wrote: »
    How were the tacos?

Delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

murmer wrote: »
    Yeah was ok, a little lifeless

Maybe it was just where I was standing in the back corner, but it just didn't seem loud enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

maximoose wrote: »
    Maybe it was just where I was standing in the back corner, but it just didn't seem loud enough

Was grand where I was. Balcony.

His voice sounding a bit rough? its taking a bit of a battering every night I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flasher0030

murmer wrote: »
    Yeah was ok, a little lifeless

Presume there's a hint of sarcasm there.
    Or if that's your outllook, you definately weren't up near the front of the gig.
    Black and blue this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

Or if that's your outllook, you definately weren't up near the front of the gig.

yes, deffo not lifeless up the front! I came home covered in beer but happy.

Great gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I loved it , a band that gives everything

• Registered Users Posts: 34 murmer

Was only messing - great gig, great energy. Crowd were going mental!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,040 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

peteeeed wrote: »
    doing a pre party in drop dead twice just around the corner from vicar st from 6 pm free in and drinks promotions for anyone with a gig ticket

What a shíthole of a pub that place is. An absolute kip.

The Nal wrote: »
    What a shíthole of a pub that place is. An absolute kip.

easy tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

easy tiger

Ha, something awful must have happened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

easy tiger

Was there an issue with the beer on Tuesday? There seemed to be a very limited selection compared to when I was last there about 6 months ago ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Did anyone catch what he said about Fontaines DC? My hearing was a bit gone at that point. Kinda looked like he either just gave them a random shout out.. or he forgot who had just supported them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Can't remember what he said to bring them up, but he then said he'll make sure they get home safely (they are supporting Idles on the US tour in May)

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    Did anyone catch what he said about Fontaines DC? My hearing was a bit gone at that point. Kinda looked like he either just gave them a random shout out.. or he forgot who had just supported them.

he said . 'we promise to bring them back safe'

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Was there an issue with the beer on Tuesday? There seemed to be a very limited selection compared to when I was last there about 6 months ago ?

yep think they were out of a few alright , they change up their craft beers quite a lot so from time to time they have a few spare taps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

he said . 'we promise to bring them back safe'

Pretty sure some of them were in the crowd too.

I’m gonna pick up tickets for iveagh gardens in the back of that gig. Didn’t think I’d be pushed to see them again but that gig was fantastic. Add in murder capital and rolling coastal blackout fever and you can’t go wrong. Iveagh gardens a great spot to watch a gig too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

maximoose wrote: »
    Can't remember what he said to bring them up, but he then said he'll make sure they get home safely (they are supporting Idles on the US tour in May)

did anyone make it back to the workmans to catch the fontaines DJ set after the gig ?

Was it any good?

Easy Rod wrote: »

I’m gonna pick up tickets for iveagh gardens in the back of that gig. Didn’t think I’d be pushed to see them again but that gig was fantastic. Add in murder capital and rolling coastal blackout fever and you can’t go wrong. Iveagh gardens a great spot to watch a gig too

yeah they dj'd in the garage i think afterwards

• Advertisement

ryaner777 wrote: »

Heh. I said "here's whats the story with the ****e range of beer here?" and nearly got lobbed out.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Heh. I said "here's whats the story with the ****e range of beer here?" and nearly got lobbed out.

hahaha i'll have a word

hahaha i'll have a word

They didnt have any Jameson. :eek:

Im usually very tolerant of places that have a bit of a "relaxed buzz" in terms of how its being ran. But this place looked like it will be shuttered in a month. An embarrassment, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

It's The Claque supporting, not the Murder Capital

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Don't think The Murder Capital are on that bill - The Claque are first on afaik.

Wooderson wrote: »
    They didnt have any Jameson. :eek:

Im usually very tolerant of places that have a bit of a "relaxed buzz" in terms of how its being ran. But this place looked like it will be shuttered in a month. An embarrassment, really.

their whiskey ,whisky and bourbon selection is really good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,040 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

hahaha i'll have a word

Boozers with fcuk all booze.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

It's The Claque supporting, not the Murder Capital

Yeah you’re right, I had heard rumors they were being added but obviously didn’t happen... or maybe I’m thinking of something else entirely!

Anyway, really liking the Claque so far so still happy out!

Advertisement