Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I thought Miley was great too. Much better voice than I gave her credit for. Confident girl. Massive crowd in the palm of her hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

jbt123 wrote: »
    Mavis Staples on BBC 4 now. Really smooth stuff. Very enjoyable.

Wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BadTurtle wrote: »
    This thread is like twitter, 99% arseholes with no joy in their existences whatsoever. The good the bad and the queen were brilliant, as was Kylie and Billie Eilish.

Yes, people who never played an instrument, had a hit record or sang in public criticising hugely successful artists that have been touring for years that they they can't sing.

I suppose it won't be long no that we're told that Robert Smith is losing his voice or Vampire Weekend are rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

MadYaker wrote: »
    Your full of sh!t mate. I’m at the fest and watched both Kylie and Miley and they were great, no miming. I’m surprised by how much I enjoyed Miley in particular. Why is there so many whingers on the thread? I’m glad none of ye are here ye,d be killing buzz.

The buzz of being on boards at a gig? Lol.

I said it was 50/50, you could very clearly make it out in Wrecking Ball she sang, yes, over prerecorded vocals. And during Old Town Road she was literally shouting into Billys mic along with him and you couldnt hear anything from either of them. Like I said having seen umpteen hip hop acts rapping rarely sounds so precisely close to the studio version so I just doubt a guy who rapped once can do it.

Have to agree with those that said that Good Bad and the Queen were crap. Not a fan.

Vampire Weekend are listenable, I did like the vid for cape cod kwassa kwassa when it came out but never really got into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

This thread is like twitter, 99% arseholes with no joy in their existences whatsoever. The good the bad and the queen were brilliant, as was Kylie and Billie Eilish.

Strangely people have different taste, Kylie was pure pop cheese and enjoyable, Billy Eilish was menacing and brilliant, TGTBTQ, were ****e compared to those 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Nothing more painful than someone who loves everything. Have you a critical bone in your body?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, people who never played an instrument, had a hit record or sang in public criticising hugely successful artists that have been touring for years that they they can't sing.

I suppose it won't be long no that we're told that Robert Smith is losing his voice or Vampire Weekend are rubbish

And how’s your Glasto set going?

Poorside wrote: »
    And how’s your Glasto set going?

Don't get your point, I'm not on here criticising people just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Newsflash: not everyone likes the music you like. Thought The good, the bad and the queen were pure crap. The last good "supergroup" I remember was The Travelling Wilburys, they rarely work.

Billie Eilish and Vampire Weekend both great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

This is a lovely set so far from The Cure. Proper professionals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Kamasi Washington is some kind of wizard from another dimension

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

Cure class

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lofidelity

Robert Smith needs to give Liam Gallagher some singing lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Nothing more painful than someone who loves everything. Have you a critical bone in your body?

Yeah, my pet hate is excessively negative people.

Yeah, my pet hate is excessively negative people.

You probably stagger around festivals stoned. You couldn't tell a cow fart from a trumpet when you're out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

We're getting a lot of songs from Disintegration. I approve!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

That Miley Cyrus song with her dad and the rapper was like a Lonely Island piss take. Did they write that ironically? Two styles of music that are almost diametrically opposed.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't get your point, I'm not on here criticising people just for the sake of it.

You’re saying people that never played music aren’t entitled to an opinion, so I just want to know how far you’ve risen as a musician that you can dismiss the general public?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Flicking between kamasi and the cure. Seen both this year in Dublin. Bit of a clash though.
    If kamasi's 2 drummers do the drum off that's unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I thought Miley was great too. Much better voice than I gave her credit for. Confident girl. Massive crowd in the palm of her hand.

Love her voice.
    Thought she sounded like Edith Piaf at times.
    She’s very talented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The Cure had a massive influence on kids at the time. Still brilliant

We're getting a lot of songs from Disintegration. I approve!

Oh jesus no. Glad I didn't waste money on Malahide. Seems to be doing a long term fans only set. No thanks. Dreary gothic music

Poorside wrote: »
    You’re saying people that never played music aren’t entitled to an opinion, so I just want to know how far you’ve risen as a musician that you can dismiss the general public?

Of course you can have an opinion but make it reasonable. Please stop being an arse and point out where I dismiss the general public?

To say that Kylie Minogue hasn't a note in her head is ridiculous.

As I said earlier I'm not really a fan of her music but she sang well and was in tune and sounded like her records. She was also not miming.

She was very strong in her emotional duet with Nick Cave.

How can an internet poster just come along and say her and other acts are just rubbish? It's not fair criticism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Drums need to be higher in the mix on "Burn" here

Was one of the highllights of Malahide three weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 67,095 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Great set so far from the Cure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

The approval / criticism argument happens every year on this thread. It’s not one that can be won, on either side.

Great set so far from the Cure

It's awful. Is he concentrating on B sides?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭fiveleavesleft

Great stuff from Kamasi Washington, speaking of supergroups imagine if him, Thundercat, Kendrick, Flyo & Esperanza Spalding teamed up for a set!

The pull back shot there was unreal, looked like the stage was on fire
    This is just class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Oh jesus no. Glad I didn't waste money on Malahide. Seems to be doing a long term fans only set. No thanks. Dreary gothic music

Smith has about six hours of tracks in mind and only gives the band the set list a couple of hours in advance.

Advertisement