Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paul Galvin Footwear

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If that man is fashionable, then I'm so glad I have no fashion sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

He looks like a primary school production of Borat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,817 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've actually looked at his range at Dunnes a few times and it's a little boring.
    I've decided that I wear what I want/like now. There's certain in looks that Paul may be into and I know they aren't for me.
    All these fads/etc change every so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Big Words

Have you tried the trend of getting shoes four sizes too large freshpopcorn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Big Words wrote: »
    Is shoes four to five sizes too big the new thing?
    It's to balance out his trousers. Four to five sizes too small.

Who was it that described fashion as being like a pack of hunting hounds? One dog knows where it's going. The rest are just following ar5eholes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

hobbit_feet.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,817 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Big Words wrote: »
    Have you tried the trend of getting shoes four sizes too large freshpopcorn?

No!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Outfit's generally fine, it's the comically large footwear that lets it down.

Also Galvin's clothing line is expensive garbage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

I prefer Alan Partridge sports/casual range .
    Timeless classics for the more refined gentleman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,850 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Begod, he looks like he could kick start a combine harvester.
    "Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months." Oscar Wilde

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Anteayer

I really hope these trends change soon. I'm bored of and don't like current men's fashion to the point that I have given up. I'm buying way less clothes.

It's one of those cycles of anti fashion and ugly. If you look back over the decades, similar happened in the early 1980s.

I don't see this decade as being one we look back on without going wtf were people thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭OldRio

To be honest buy classic clothing and bollocks to fashion.
    Fashion changes the classics don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I'd have the likes of Daniel Craig as a style icon anyday before a duster throwing Gaah head in tight trousers and clown shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭route9

Am always amazed how plain and ordinary these brand-name clothes are! I was checking out Galvin's collection in Dunnes and there was a t-shirt you'd find in any Jack and Jones and well, Dunnes!

There was one shirt that was nice but ridiculous in terms of sizes - the large was too small and the XL was a cape! Then another bright blue shirt which looked like a nurse's top or something. Strange, you'd think they'd be really stylish but back to the drawing board Paul (bet he reads this ;)) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,549 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My actual feet are size 13. They don't look like the borderline clown shoe look that is popular now. I may need to get 16s or something should want to be fashionable :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

The men's "Designer" stuff in Dunnes is a bit hit and miss. The Galvin and Harrington stuff are quite poor. They are basically St Bernard quality with a celeb name slapped on them and the price tag. But the Paul Costello stuff is generally very good quality. I suppose that shows that being a designer is a bit more complex than lads like Galvin would like to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭route9

touts wrote: »
    The men's "Designer" stuff in Dunnes is a bit hit and miss. The Galvin and Harrington stuff are quite poor. They are basically St Bernard quality with a celeb name slapped on them and the price tag. But the Paul Costello stuff is generally very good quality. I suppose that shows that being a designer is a bit more complex than lads like Galvin would like to think.

Yep Galvin's stuff is literally like Jack and Jones in Dunnes!

Advertisement