Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External bell comms fault

Options
  • 15-03-2019 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi wondering if anyone can shine light or may have had this issue, I have a wireless sabb bell batteries are gone faulty so decided to wire it with a 12volt power supply but since then external bell keeps intermittently loses its comms.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Johntwo22

Most you can do is remove it and re add it again. The HKC RF Sabbs are not the most reliable to be honest. If you can get a cable to the panel it would be worth putting in a regular Sabb
    XJim wrote: »
    Hi wondering if anyone can shine light or may have had this issue, I have a wireless sabb bell batteries are gone faulty so decided to wire it with a 12volt power supply but since then external bell keeps intermittently loses its comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

What type power supply did you install.
    Have you disconnected the battery packs?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Johntwo22 wrote: »
    Most you can do is remove it and re add it again. The HKC RF Sabbs are not the most reliable to be honest. If you can get a cable to the panel it would be worth putting in a regular Sabb

+1 on the uninstall & reinstall of the unit.
    After you do that also check the SAB is working with a full activation. I have seen on the odd occasion bells remain removed but no warning shows even though it does reinstall as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 XJim

altor wrote: »

Just a regular 12v transformer type psu, I've done it before and fed 2 wireless bells with no issues

KoolKid wrote: »
    +1 on the uninstall & reinstall of the unit.
    After you do that also check the SAB is working with a full activation. I have seen on the odd occasion bells remain removed but no warning shows even though it does reinstall as normal.

I did delete and reinstall it but fault came back at this point I've removed the 12v psu and left it on batteries only and its working fine

• Advertisement

No left the batteries in

No left the batteries in

You are meant to remove the battery packs as they are not recharable batteries.
    There is a rechargeable battery for the RF sabb.

You are meant to remove the battery packs as they are not recharable batteries.
    There is a rechargeable battery for the RF sabb.

I did try it once without the batteries but the fault was still there

I did try it once without the batteries but the fault was still there

More than likely an issue with the bell.
    The battery pack and 12v supply connected together would supply to much power to the bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nicolas_Bandon

I have exactly the same issue. I wired the external bell with a 12volt power supply and replaced the batteries with a rechargeable battery but since then external bell keeps intermittently loses its comms.

Do you know what could cause this issue?
    I used another PSU but it didn't change anything.

Could a firmware update of my panel or my sabb resolve this issue?

• Advertisement

I have exactly the same issue. I wired the external bell with a 12volt power supply and replaced the batteries with a rechargeable battery but since then external bell keeps intermittently loses its comms.

Do you know what could cause this issue?
    I used another PSU but it didn't change anything.

Could a firmware update of my panel or my sabb resolve this issue?

Have you done a range test?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nicolas_Bandon

Have you done a range test?

I fixed my issue. I replaced my 12v power supply adapter (it was a CCTV power supply adapter) with a Power-plex 13.8v power supply unit with a back up battery.

I fixed my issue. I replaced my 12v power supply adapter (it was a CCTV power supply adapter) with a Power-plex 13.8v power supply unit with a back up battery.

That is the proper way to do it.
    Glad you have it sorted.

Advertisement