Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Deere 6210 se exhaust cracked

Options
  • 16-03-2019 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a problem with a John Deere 6210 se exhaust. I broke the link pipe from the silencer box to the exhaust pipe last year. The tractor has the exhaust out the side of the bonnet.
    I have gone through two more link pipes in 8 months. Both replacements have cracked at the bend that turns up to where the exhaust pipe slides on. There is no excessive vibrations or movement on the pipe. All clamps are good and tight. Both link pipes I have used are not JD genuine parts. I got them from a local supplier. Both had quality tractor parts stamp on the packing on them. So I am not sure what is happening. Could it be heat. Maybe I should of bite the bullet and get the genuine JD pipe. The first pipe I got was covered under warranty. Not sure if they will cover the second one. Any body experience similar problems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

You might be able to pick one up at a tractor breakers yard which would be JD but might last years. There should be plenty of 10 series scrapped at this stage so they should be relatively easy to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

There should be plenty of 10 series scrapped at this stage so they should be relatively easy to get?

Some lads say theyll go forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Fine Day

Some lads say theyll go forever!

I think you maybe right very few in breakers from what I see. What are the views on non genuine part??

Theheff wrote: »
    I think you maybe right very few in breakers from what I see. What are the views on non genuine part??
    I was able to get a good few parts for my 6110 in Tanners in Fermoy, not always but they seemed to have most of the parts I was looking for.

I was able to get a good few parts for my 6110 in Tanners in Fermoy, not always but they seemed to have most of the parts I was looking for.

I will try them. How do you find your 6110. I am happy my 6210. Its a great loader tractor. Like any Deere its likes the juice.

• Advertisement

Theheff wrote: »
    I will try them. How do you find your 6110. I am happy my 6210. Its a great loader tractor. Like any Deere its likes the juice.
    A nice tractor, very tight turn on her which was needed in my yard. The engine gave a lot of trouble in her in the last 6 months before she was traded in. There was a poor connection internally in her that caused the engine to switch off at random times, once that was disconnected, she was fine again.

I am back to this again. I got a JD link pipe from the exhaust silencer to the stack about 9 months ago. A few weeks ago I noted it to be cracked also. A right nuisance of a think. Any how I do very little roadwork but I have hauled a few load of cattle lately on about a 30 mile round trip. I noticed a certain higher revs I am getting abit of vibration in the cab particularly around the left console. Anyone any experience what this maybe and what I need to check.thanks.

Advertisement