Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Henry Watches

Options
  • 15-03-2019 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭

I'm always looking to expand the collection which is rather Seiko heavy I'll admit. I was browsing through the TUG group on Facebook and a member posted a story about a brand I hadn't heard of called Dan Henry. It was something along the lines of them looking to see where they could buy a part for the watch they had bought secondhand and the company sending out the parts FOC stating that they wanted whomever owned the watch at the time to enjoy and appreciate it for what it is..... not just the person who bought it new from them.

I had a look at their site expecting them to be quite expensive and nope, they are right around where i'm happy to pay (E200-250). What's the general feedback on them? I see some people grumbling but overall folk seem happy with their watches and the brand in general.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Klopp

I'm always looking to expand the collection which is rather Seiko heavy I'll admit. I was browsing through the TUG group on Facebook and a member posted a story about a brand I hadn't heard of called Dan Henry. It was something along the lines of them looking to see where they could buy a part for the watch they had bought secondhand and the company sending out the parts FOC stating that they wanted whomever owned the watch at the time to enjoy and appreciate it for what it is..... not just the person who bought it new from them.

I had a look at their site expecting them to be quite expensive and nope, they are right around where i'm happy to pay (E200-250). What's the general feedback on them? I see some people grumbling but overall folk seem happy with their watches and the brand in general.

I came across this brand when I looking to add to my current collection. I was tempted by the 1964 Grand Turismo style, I never did buy the watch in the end, something else came up. I came across The Urban Gentry on youtube when looking for reviews on this brand, he did a good review on the 1964 watch. I am sure he was paid for the review, well worth a watch though if you're looking to buy this brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

I just ordered a 1964 this morning, Just note they don't ship directly to Ireland due to some issues before with An Post and packages going missing. but they told me Parcel Motel is fine to ship to, I'll update when it arrives.

Mine arrived this morning, I cant comment too much on it just yet, but it really is a lovely piece. it looks great on my 6.75 inch wrist. I don't feel its much smaller than my SKX07. The hands are slightly harder to read than I would have thought on the grey model. and i think I'll change the stock strap to something more substantial or maybe a racing strap, just need to find the right colour. I haven't tried the bracelet but i don't think i will to be honest, for me it's made to be on a strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Ordered the 1964 on the 19th and it has not shipped yet. Used address pal as the address destination and they are telling me there logistics people have an issue with the address being incorrect even though its correct and used regularly. I'm waiting for an update !!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

I checked out Dan Henry watches and was impressed by the 1964 looks. Its a quartz so I passed as I'm really only interested in mechanical watches.

• Advertisement

If it makes a difference, the small dial at 6 o clock is the general seconds hand and you barely notice it. the larger one for the chrono/tachymetre sweeps like an automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

morritty wrote: »
    I just ordered a 1964 this morning, Just note they don't ship directly to Ireland due to some issues before with An Post and packages going missing. but they told me Parcel Motel is fine to ship to, I'll update when it arrives.

Issue sorted. Arrived at address pay today so hopefully have it on wrist within 3-5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Let me know what you guys think. I'm really tempted to get one.

Enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If you want something a bit different, just google watchuseek microbrands. You can spend days researching lots of microbrands for about €200. Just avoid any kickstarters :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

To be honest if you do some resesearch beforehand kickstarter is a great place for microbrands these days. Check out Hamtun or Ventus on their right now.

Advertisement