Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's with women and HR (bloody ridiculous)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I agree with everything you said Tony, if I was ever asked to do a random presentation I'd laugh at them and end the interview there and then.

Given you're a man who has been on the right side of the table though do you not have any influence over the format of an interview, in order to break the wheel of "bull****" as you put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I agree with everything you said Tony, if I was ever asked to do a random presentation I'd laugh at them and end the interview there and then.

I know, it's incredible to think that sort of thing flies as an idea with some people. I wouldn't even attend a meeting without some sort of agenda layout these days, never mind give an impromptu presentation about something I know nothing about!

The only thing that that type of angle would be useful for is to deliberately put the person under an extreme condition to see if the collapse or not. But, in the end what does that really achieve, when in the real world, you wouldn't be put into that situation or allow yourself to be either. It's just torturous.

And this is an office type job I'm talking about here. Not the UN or something.
    Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Given you're a man who has been on the right side of the table though do you not have any influence over the format of an interview, in order to break the wheel of "bull****" as you put it.

You do to a certain degree. but, I was only hiring people for the team I was running, so I pretty much knew what I wanted from a technical point of view and before the hiring process began, there were lengthy discussions with my superiors on how to approach the interviewee and what was necessary to ask, in which much of the bull**** questions were eliminated.

TBH, the interviews were just to see if the person wasn't an absolute nutter and if they could back up their CV.

And that's what most interviews for most positions should be really.

We didn't care or want to know what their "ambitions" were. :pac:

I think that most interviews that work are approached in an informal way. Everybody is at ease and generally the conversation flows better. You then get a better feel for the person.

I've been to interviews where I've been separated by a huge mahogany table and 6 people on the other side. Right there, that feels more like an interrogation than an interview and nobody is coming out of that with any real good impressions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Leo Fatkar

Yeah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

73387d1293587394-pocono-country-place-good-bad-its-zombie-thread.jpg

Oh wait... It will.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement