Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sent home early without pay

Options
  • 16-03-2019 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I have a 30 hour contract, rostered to work 40 , I know they can't send me home early and not pay me but they do, I've left it so far to keep the peace but.....

Can anyone point me to what law/act actually deals with this?

Google isin't finding it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

I don’t know the answer but if you contact NERA they should be able to tell you

https://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Open to correction but as the law stands if you worked less than 25% of your hours (7.5hrs per week) you could claim compensation at minimum wage rates if there is no justification for having worked so little.
    Your working contract needs to be updated this month and you'll be given a band of hours, it's this band which will decide if you'll be owed anything going forward or not.

So on a 30hr contact your legally entitled to be paid for 7.5hrs per week.

Advertisement