Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just look for RFID wallets and card holders you can also get Individual card covers.

Amazon is your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's becoming more prominent as of late in Limerick, I don't want to go around with tinfoil on my card like a lunatic either.

I know that skimming in ATMs do happen and it happened to someone I know and they use credit cards for almost every purchase they have since it's so much easier to contest any false charges

There might be a thin line between sensible and a lunatic, but better to be a slightly more wealthy lunatic I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Fulham sacked Ranieri today, seems like a bad call by the Khans to me, but hey what do I know. Scott Parker left in change until the end of the season. Obviously it will have to play out before any judgement can be made.
    At a guess, I'd say there was something in the contract to allow this to happen.
    Could potentially be building for next year in the championship already, it's a tricky one.
    Khan does things his way, that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sometimes in life it's hard too look on the bright side when ur almost at an end to ur troubles but its will continue. Had a date which I thought was going well but to the dreaded text after. Head is in a trance and need a few drinks too get it level again. Sick of online dating and its real life consequences, thought that might be my way of getting too the next level but no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

PTH, the real failure is not trying at all. When you can, get yourself together and get back on that horse.

Yeah don't be harsh on yourself. Online dating didn't work out for me either, and personally speaking, drinking/smoking only increased my insecurities and anxiety. Took me a while to realise that.
    The best advice anyone ever gave me was you need to learn to love yourself before you can properly get out there dating so to speak.
    Keep the faith bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It took me a few turns, but I seem to be doing alright for myself now.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

PTH2009 wrote:
    Sometimes in life it's hard too look on the bright side when ur almost at an end to ur troubles but its will continue. Had a date which I thought was going well but to the dreaded text after. Head is in a trance and need a few drinks too get it level again. Sick of online dating and its real life consequences, thought that might be my way of getting too the next level but no

Dude I met my wife whilst working in a motel in the outback in Western Australia. Worked there for six months and she was a 'local' working there too (her hometown was 200km away, but closest town).

Married now for six years with two kids and back in Ireland.

It happens in the weirdest places and times, one thing I have to say is just don't stop looking.

What's meant for you won't pass you by - I only took that job as I had no money and was completely desperate and it changed my life; 500 small things at any stage could have happened that meant we never met but we did and it's been - still is - amazing.

Annnnnnnddd..... that's enough sentimentality for me tonight. Someone give me a beer and a cigar so I can look all tough and broody again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Necro wrote: »
    Dude I met my wife whilst working in a motel in the outback in Western Australia. Worked there for six months and she was a 'local' working there too (her hometown was 200km away, but closest town).

Married now for six years with two kids and back in Ireland.

It happens in the weirdest places and times, one thing I have to say is just don't stop looking.

What's meant for you won't pass you by - I only took that job as I had no money and was completely desperate and it changed my life; 500 small things at any stage could have happened that meant we never met but we did and it's been - still is - amazing.

Annnnnnnddd..... that's enough sentimentality for me tonight. Someone give me a beer and a cigar so I can look all tough and broody again :pac:

PTH, its certainly rough out there, but I would mirror Necro's comments here. I met my wife, when she literally fell at my feet one night coming home from a nightclub. I was asleep down the back of a bus, and she was up towards the middle. Some guy was trying to grope her, and the only way she could get away from him was to throw herself back. And she literally landed on my feet.

We got to talking, and something clicked. So you see, as necro says, whats for you won't pass you by. I didn't actively go out looking to hook up with anyone that night, and ended up with a wife, 3 kids, house, 2 cars some 9 years later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Honestly dont let it get you down. Ive a few dates recently that i thought went well and then nothing happened and i was dissapointed but look whats meant to be will happen. I'm an awkward weird kinda guy but at this stage if people dont like me im just like F**k it

If I ever needed a reason to visit Limerick, the opportunity has presented itself this morning.

D0hhEh3U8AAGAI9.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The castle is a lovely venue. If ye get good weather, you'll have some of the very best views of the River Shannon while waiting for the music to kick off.

The castle is a lovely venue. If ye get good weather, you'll have some of the very best views of the River Shannon while waiting for the music to kick off.

Well Ireland usually does get great weather around the end of May, heading into June cause Junior & Leaving Certs.

Thanks for the advice

It was a rough situation but i have too get back on the training field and go again

Watching Madrid and Barca game on Bein Sports, they were advertising MLW on later and the Geordie commentator(sounds like Sid Waddel's brother from another mother!) gives Rusev a shout out. Other guy says imagine Courtois coming off the top rope... Refreshing to hear them put the wrestling show over so well.

Edit.. actually got to record the bit, I'll post it in a couple of days to be on the safe side

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone have the Huaqei P20 Pro?Thinking about getting a new phone soon since my HTC M8 is on its last legs

Keith Flint from the Prodigy was found dead this morning by suicide :( . Have seen the Prodigy a few times over the last couple of years and they were just unreal. He will be missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,533 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Keith Flint from the Prodigy was found dead this morning by suicide :( . Have seen the Prodigy a few times over the last couple of years and they were just unreal. He will be missed

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Was gutted with the news. Never got to see them live and was hoping they'd come back to Ireland this summer or next year.

Luke Perry passed away this evening as well after having a massive stroke a few days ago.

He will always be remember for 90210 however Jeremiah is the show I'll remember him best for.

• Advertisement

Bad day for the 90's pop culture.

Keith Flint, man that one hit hard.

Remember first listening to The Prodigy in my cousin's house when i was about 8 or 9. Terrified of the music. But strangely drawn to it. Keith also used to terrify me, such a scary looking dude.

By all accounts, he was an absolute gent though.

They had so many classic songs down through the years. I'll never forget when Fat of the Land came out, and the impact it made. I think Firestarter was out about a year before the album even was released.

And of course, nearly every house in the land had a copy of Music for the Jilted Generation.

Great vid here showing how Voodoo People came together (or perhaps was recreated)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZYLp5uX9Yw

Luke Perry's son is wrestler Jungle Boy who is signed to AEW.

Luke Perry passed away this evening as well after having a massive stroke a few days ago.

He will always be remember for 90210 however Jeremiah is the show I'll remember him best for.

Dylan McKay the bad boy everyone loved

RIP Luke

The absolute cringe watching people put out Snapchats of pubs in Ireland going bananas at United's winner, absolutely embarrassing.

Not overly into club soccer but my god amazing win by Man Utd
    Luck like that wins the cup

The absolute cringe watching people put out Snapchats of pubs in Ireland going bananas at United's winner, absolutely embarrassing.

2-0 down with injuries, great comeback

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Not arrogant, just better. ;)

I couldn't give a bollocks if it was United or Partick Thistle, but a load of lads jumping around the place because a team in Manchester beat a team in Paris is embarrassing. Lads not even from there talking about 'we' this and 'we' that, if you airdropped them into Manchester they wouldn't find their way to Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I couldn't give a bollocks if it was United or Partick Thistle, but a load of lads jumping around the place because a team in Manchester beat a team in Paris is embarrassing. Lads not even from there talking about 'we' this and 'we' that, if you airdropped them into Manchester they wouldn't find their way to Old Trafford.

♪ Ole's at the wheel, tell me how good does it feel ♪ :)

Life's miserable enough, follow and support whoever you want who gives a crap, same as wrestling if it's good enough for you to care about and doesn't hurt others then who cares who what where or why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

This is an attitude I understand but hate nonetheless. I'm a season ticket holder with my local LOI team. I also support Manchester United & have done for as long as I can remember football. My reaction watching that on TV was no different than my reaction to any dramatic victory 20 mins from my house.

I wish everyone in Ireland supported an Irish team but that doesn't mean I'll begrudge them supporting a team they've likely grown up watching too.

Chelthenham begins tomorrow, good luck anyone having a flutter, my tips are Ballyward, Slowmotion, Bellshill and Sam's Profile

Conor McGregor arrested on two felony charges in Miami

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Conor McGregor arrested on two felony charges in Miami

His downward spiral continues.

Loughc wrote: »
    His downward spiral continues.

When is he joining WWE :p

Posh Trish tomorrow Cheltenham

Done a 0.20c accum with poor trish and 7 other horses

Get back €191,362,50 if they all win there races

few bets in the gold cup €1 each way each

Bellshill
    Presenting Percy
    Al Boum Photo
    Invitation Only

overall knw **** all about horse racing and just pick by name

The owl horse itself gets **** all reward while the owners/jockeys dine in luxury lol

James Gunn has been reinstated as director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

And he's still doing Suicide Squad 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hopefully its better than GOTG2 which was boring imo.
    I find the MCU a lot more hit and miss than others tho

ERG89 wrote: »
    Hopefully its better than GOTG2 which was boring imo.
    I find the MCU a lot more hit and miss than others tho

I much much preferred the 2nd movie to the 1st, not sure if thats a controversial opinion

I could be blinded because I heard how good the movie was for years and watched it in the middle of finally watching all the mcu movies last summer, I didn't feel the hype matched the output for that movie, but the 2nd one got me in trouble with housemates for laughing so much

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hope ye don't mind this.
    Having a bit of a car dilemma with my radio and wondering if anyone here has any knowledge.
    Here's my post from some other forum.
    Hi lads, driving a Peugeot 107 and the button to switch over to CD/Aux seems to have stopped working. I'll attach a photo of the radio so it makes a bit more sense.

Basically the button is unresponsive. Nothing to do with the aux cord (and I assume the same for the CD player that's never used) as even when the radio is off and I press the cd/aux button on the top left of the photo it'll turn on to that mode in particular.

Blown fuse?

s-l300.jpg

Ah lads, i'm half killed.

Herself at home started on a diet about 8 weeks ago, and roped me into it. I lost about a stone on it, but the weight loss has plateaued now.

So, i started going to a gym there Tuesday evening. Haven't been in the door of a gym since i was 18 (about half a lifetime ago). Was at the aul squattin' last night, and i'm in bits.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ah lads, i'm half killed.

Herself at home started on a diet about 8 weeks ago, and roped me into it. I lost about a stone on it, but the weight loss has plateaued now.

So, i started going to a gym there Tuesday evening. Haven't been in the door of a gym since i was 18 (about half a lifetime ago). Was at the aul squattin' last night, and i'm in bits.

Fair play to you Gerry, if you weren’t feeling the effects you wouldn’t be doing it right. The important thing is keeping it up. Go regularly and when you feel it less increase your workload and feel good about yourself.

Go irregularly (like myself) and You may be wasting your time going at all as you’ll feel like your killing yourself each time

Great too here gerry

I'm doing my weights at home 3/4 a week and 150 push ups and feel/look great. Can be quite sore and annoying some days but its works. Need too add more cardio and thinking walking would be my down my alley

My diet is still terrible but I've cut down a lot on junk food

I take my vitamins and say my prayers

I tip my hats to those who can tackle going to a gym, tried it before and it wasn't my cup of tea.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I tip my hats to those who can tackle going to a gym, tried it before and it wasn't my cup of tea.

I actually dont mind it once i get there. For me it's just getting there is my issue ha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've been piss poor with my food since Xmas. Fell a bit off the wagon in terms of keeping calories down. Have lost a bit of weight but....like, I've got a big slice of chocolate cake here in front of me, had Pizza last night and a Chinese due tomorrow.

Come Monday, I'm just going to go nuts properly again. I got a little muscly this time last year and loved how I felt and looked. Its hard work but the payoff is so confidence-boosting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement