Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finally finished the family storyline over the weekend. It actually happened really quick and I didn't realise it was the final mission of the story (pre-prologue) until it was over. Didn't seem like any real fanfare going into it. Could also be due to the amount of quests that are still left.

The family story ending:
    I managed to get Alexios to not attack me and turn into a blubbering mess in front of me at the mere mention of the cult using him. Didn't like that ending tbh. Would have preferred if they kept him as the main bad and have you kill him. Or vice-versa if you played as Alexios. Can't imagine that though after all this time as Kassandra! But yeah, disappointing end to the family storyline.

Started the
    Atlantis stuff, 'beat' the Sphinx, heading to Kythera to do the second one now.
    This game deserves way more praise than it got. I think people saw the AC name and immediately dismissed it as more of the same, whereas it's the least Assassiny AC to date. I'm still, 80+ hours in, blown away by the draw distance on the PS4 Pro. Yes, it won't be anything new to PC gamers, but this is the first game where I'm truly in awe of the draw distance on a console game. I still spend a good few minutes at every synchronisation point just taking in the views. Amazing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

FYI as you got the
    Happy Family
    ending you can stick them all on your boat for epic banter and songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The RPG side of it all is not really my style when it comes to games, but it is fairly cool, from my point of view.

If you are as confused as me as to what weaponry to put together for the best builds, a fan site I linked below has a load of cool builds for you to try out :)

https://ac-builds.com/builds/featured

Have fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Buddy just finished it this weekend so hes given it to me to try out.

Last AC i played was Black Flag, he said it was like GoW in the way its a hack/slash style RPG action adventure but the story isnt as good and I've played it about 4 or 5 hours, just off the first island an dI'm enjoying it.

I can see it becoming a bit repetitive though after 15/20 hours but I'll give it a bash.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I just got the platinum trophy last night, 95 hours game time in total although it could have been much less that that as I spent a lot of time clearing locations to build up my level early on.

I am wondering is it worth getting the Legacy of the Blade DLC? €25 is pricey enough - what do you think?

Also is there a timeline available for the when the rest of The Lost Tales of Greece missions will be released? Judging by the trophy list there are still 5 more to be released.

• Advertisement

Just finished up the main quests over the weekend, have just some tidying up to do. Will definitely go for the Plat as it seems possible, but I'm thinking I might get the Season Pass before doing this, as I'm sure it will bring me to places I haven't been to/explored yet.

If it wasn't for God of War last year, I think this would have been my GOTY. The sheer scale is astounding, and the graphics are stunning at times, and when you consider the size and content, Ubisoft Quebec have done a simply amazing job. Really looking forward to the DLC, especially the Atlantis one. I know nothing about any of them, and I want to keep it that way. This is the first non-CoD that I'm going to buy a season pass for, as I usually wait a few years and get the GOTY edition with everything, but Ubisoft deserve my money on this one. Simply fantastic stuff. Even if the endings were a bit flat, but the journey was way more than worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just went for the season pass last night and completed the first episode - more of the same, but it was really good. Yay for having to find more cultists, I really enjoyed that mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

How does this compare to witcher3

They're similar enough that if you liked one, you'll like the other, and the worlds are different enough that you won't feel like you're doing the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,267 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Odyssey is in most ways much more simplified in terms of the rpg elements. Your choices also have less impact in terms of changing story elements etc.

That said, I found the combat to be a lot more fun than TW3, and the stealth gives more ways to approach missions. The traversal is much easier imo, especially with being able to climb. The presentation of the game is also better imo.

Both games are great and have different pluses and minuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

They're two totally different games. A comparison is pointless. You may as well ask how does this compare to Dark Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Been trekking through the last 2 weeks or so, enjoying it very much so, more than I thought I would truth be told.

The sheer size of the map is a bit daunting at the start and at the moment I'd say I've only visited about 25% of it despite being a high enough level (30) so I might get a move on into the main quests to push the story further down the road.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

When playing odyssey it felt like a non boring witcher 3 to me with vastly superior combat.

You may as well ask how does this compare to Dark Souls.

Dark Souls is not fun. Odyssey is. Comparison complete. :D

Odyssey is nearly it's own type of game. They made a fantastic choice by allowing you to climb nearly everything (only thing I couldn't climb were trees, but some of them can still be used for the branches). It's a light RPG with some choices which can affect the end-game and some other aspects throughout, but never a major thing you need to worry about.

The combat is the best in the series imo, and you have a large variety of moves to utilise. So much, that you can't have everything on the 1 build, but it's easy to re-spec if needed, but the armor options can make this unnecessary.

The story I really enjoyed, but some people may not like it. I will 100% be picking up the Season Pass at some stage, and I don't do that for just any game, and don't think I've ever done it outside of CoD.

Either way, I highly recommend it. It looks amazing, and is huge and full of fun!

Dark Souls is not fun. Odyssey is. Comparison complete. :D

Odyssey is nearly it's own type of game. They made a fantastic choice by allowing you to climb nearly everything (only thing I couldn't climb were trees, but some of them can still be used for the branches). It's a light RPG with some choices which can affect the end-game and some other aspects throughout, but never a major thing you need to worry about.

The combat is the best in the series imo, and you have a large variety of moves to utilise. So much, that you can't have everything on the 1 build, but it's easy to re-spec if needed, but the armor options can make this unnecessary.

The story I really enjoyed, but some people may not like it. I will 100% be picking up the Season Pass at some stage, and I don't do that for just any game, and don't think I've ever done it outside of CoD.

Either way, I highly recommend it. It looks amazing, and is huge and full of fun!

Might be a good idea to look sooner rather than later - I'm currently nearly finished the first set of the DLC - just started episode 3 - the thing right now is that you will get Assassins Creed 3 (and Liberation) Remastered for free when you buy the season pass. I don't know if that offer lives past the release for AC3 later this month

chrislad wrote: »
    Might be a good idea to look sooner rather than later - I'm currently nearly finished the first set of the DLC - just started episode 3 - the thing right now is that you will get Assassins Creed 3 (and Liberation) Remastered for free when you buy the season pass. I don't know if that offer lives past the release for AC3 later this month

Pretty sure it's standard for the season pass. Not that i'm too bothered. III played really well, but the story was pants and the main character was crap. And I don't think I'd be able to go backwards in the AC franchise now, not after Odyssey.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,267 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pretty sure it's standard for the season pass. Not that i'm too bothered. III played really well, but the story was pants and the main character was crap. And I don't think I'd be able to go backwards in the AC franchise now, not after Odyssey.

Yeah AC3 is a nice-to-have, but if I was paying for the season pass it'd be on the basis of the two DLC stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

And I don't think I'd be able to go backwards in the AC franchise now, not after Odyssey.

I tried to go back to black flag a couple of weeks ago, and by god that was a bad idea. The game was incredible when it came out, the movement was fantastic. But after Origins and Odyssey, my god it hurt so bad.

Keep your memories fond and look forward not back :D

I just finished the main DLC last night - a lot of fun, but nothing really new. At least it took me to some places on the map that I hadn't quite explored yet! I'm definitely looking forward to the next set of episodes, and must go mop up the remaining 20 sub quests I have open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Finished the campaign shortly after release, got 2 new 1Tb SSDs so have the DLC to play tru now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Finished the campaign shortly after release, got 2 new 1Tb SSDs so have the DLC to play tru now :)

Played through the first Legacy of the First Blade and it was okay. Started up the second episode and got about 10 mins in, couldn't continue. I just couldn't get into it, I've been invested in the AC story since the get-go, but something about Odyssey has ruined it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Liam9653

Passed the game like many of this series. Normal pipeline: ( I don’t deny the advantages, interesting combat and character pumping, Sparta’s one kick is worth it. The game itself wasn’t surprised anymore, good jokes from developers in the form of side quests or diaologists are possible within an hour of the game.

Is there any date/timeframe when we can expect the next episode to drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

chrislad wrote: »
    Is there any date/timeframe when we can expect the next episode to drop?

April 23rd as mentioned in the latest patch notes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thinking of getting the season pass and jumping back into this.

Advertisement