Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a Super Car fro the Big Day

Options
  • 08-03-2019 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

we are getting married late next year and I would like to hire a Ferrari for her Dad to drive her to the church/ceremony

came across a lot of English sites but not many Irish ones.

Anyone done this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Fun as that sounds, will her dress fit in the car, and will she be able to make a dignified exit from it when she arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

wench wrote: »
    Fun as that sounds, will her dress fit in the car, and will she be able to make a dignified exit from it when she arrives?

Better discuss with her Mother never thought of that!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

And is the plan for you both to travel to the reception in it afterwards? Because will you both fit in the backseat/is there even a backseat?!

Not sure it would hold up as a great idea in reality, im afraid. Supercars are only fun if you can drive fast in them; not great for traffic, rural roads or speed limits! It seems like a bit of a waste of money when you think it through (although a nice idea :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

I'd agree with the points made about a Supercar, it sounds great in theory but isn't great in practice when there's a driver and 2 in the back seat!

That said, if you scale back a bit, there are options. I rented a really nice Jaguar (an XF I think?) for the weekend of a friends' wedding, so we could use it for their wedding car. I drove the Bride to the Church and then drove them both from the Church to the Reception. It's still a nice fancy car, but one that has comfort (and room!) in the back. I rented it from a place near the airport, can't remember which one. It wasn't cheap, maybe €300/€400 for the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Aren't most (if not all Ferraris) two door? So she will have to sit in the front and squash up her dress rather than having lots of space in a bigger car designed for this kind of thing. Does her father want to drive? Does the bride want this car or do you?

She could be very pissed off on the day if a ferrari rolls up outside the house and she's squashed into the front holding half the dress in her lap and she's practically rolling out of the car at the church because it's so low to the ground. It sounds like the bride hasn't been consulted on this at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    we are getting married late next year and I would like to hire a Ferrari for her Dad to drive her to the church/ceremony

came across a lot of English sites but not many Irish ones.

Anyone done this before?

That’s a very nice idea but a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow is the only suitable car. Get one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

splinter65 wrote: »
    Rolls Royce Silver Shadow is the only suitable car. Get one of those.

they are unbelievable to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭tommythecat

We rented a maserati quattroporte. Very stylish and comfortable. We had a driver with it for driving my wife to the church and then us to the wedding venue and then he stayed around so we could get photos. Not quite a supercar but i think she would be impressed! (and comfy!!)

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

My OH is big into cars, mechanic by trade, and has his own garage insurance which covers him to drive cars up to 500k value.
    I've been searching in vain for something surprising for him to drive himself and groomsmen to the venue on the day of the wedding.
    All rentals seem to only come with chauffeur and I can't find anything worth renting that allows self driving.
    I'd be especially interested in something along the lines of a Dodge Challenger.

Advertisement