Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anybody gone to these GamerFest things before? Thinking I'll go with the young fella on Sunday check it out.
    https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/gamerfest-limerick-tickets-52911428507

I'd check how well organized the last event was. some of these can be a complete disaster. As this is it's second year running they might have ironed out issues from the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd check how well organized the last event was. some of these can be a complete disaster. As this is it's second year running they might have ironed out issues from the last one.

Organisation seemed pretty on point and the staff were very nice. My kid was probably a smidge young for it (more talk focussed than places to sit down and actually play games) but it kept him diverted for a couple of hours anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Jaysus, I didn't think the whole mustard debacle had been seen in such negative terms...

Oh wait....

Not the Beers... the other thing...

Carry on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Organisation seemed pretty on point and the staff were very nice. My kid was probably a smidge young for it (more talk focussed than places to sit down and actually play games) but it kept him diverted for a couple of hours anyway.
    My nephews were hoping to go but couldn't one had his tonsils out. What age if you don't mind me asking?

He's only 4 & a 1/2. More 8yo+ sort of event I'd say.

• Advertisement

He's only 4 & a 1/2. More 8yo+ sort of event I'd say.
    They're 12/13 so they should be grand, thanks so much

Everything set beers wise? I don't think I can bring much but can try

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Everything set beers wise? I don't think I can bring much but can try

Just yourself will be perfect

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just yourself will be perfect
    i_can_do_that___by_zzdas-d7di7dq.png

In case O1s1n is lurking, I have a bag of Guinness crisps here with his name on it.. well, not literally with his name on it... You know what I mean.

Must get very Sparks a shout...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I actually have tickets to go and see Foil, Arms & Hog that were bought for me ages ago so won't be about I'm afraid!

Tempted to cancel now at the mention of Guinness crisps... :pac:

In all seriousness though, I'll have to make an effort to start going to these again, I miss talking to my fellow enablers!

Guinness Crips are the best. I haven't seen those in a minute Centra need to sort themselves out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Guinness Crips are the best. I haven't seen those in a minute Centra need to sort themselves out.

Apparently Ciderman had been hoarding them all!

My local Lidl has them.
    They also have Jack Daniels crisps as well, which I also bought...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sadly can’t make it tonight. Think this is the first one we’ve missed in a long time :(

On a happier note we had a new addition to the family with my nieces arrival this week. Both myself and Kirsty are visiting this evening then I’m off with family to wet the baby’s head.

Can’t believe it’s march already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Just realised that I've double booked myself for tonight... unless I'm ok to bring a +1?

That also means that I don't have Typing of the Dead or the DC Keyboards with me today though...

o1s1n wrote: »
    Apparently Ciderman had been hoarding them all!

Not going to lie I bought 4 or 5 packs at a time. I don't even normally enjoy crisps. They only had the rich chilli variant last time and I found them a poor substitute.

I would come along to this but I've got a rap battle the following day. Think it was same scenario last year and I forgot all my material. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What time is this shindig on tonight? :)
    MrVestek wrote: »
    Just realised that I've double booked myself for tonight... unless I'm ok to bring a +1?

That also means that I don't have Typing of the Dead or the DC Keyboards with me today though...

I can bring Typing of the Dead but it's Japanese, along with a UK keyboard and Japanese keyboard. English letters for Japanese words so playable yet challenging :P

DaveyDave wrote: »
    What time is this shindig on tonight? :)

I can bring Typing of the Dead but it's Japanese, along with a UK keyboard and Japanese keyboard. English letters for Japanese words so playable yet challenging :P

Usually around eight I think

I'm popping the various Sega consoles on the main tv.
    So, not crt but at least there'll be room to play Samba!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

42974410-whole-and-sliced-onions-on-a-cutting-board-isolated-on-white.jpg

latest?cb=20160903221636

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

noonions.jpg

Gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It was nice to meet you all, thanks for hosting Ciderman :)

Hopefully I can stay a bit later next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

We both had a great night, it was good catching up with everyone again.

5a3a93460dd1a_59305n.jpg

Thanks for everyone that came along, it was great seeing you all!

siegmeyer_of_catarina.jpg

Computer museum in NUIG doing a retro night once a month thinking I might try roll through Friday. https://www.facebook.com/events/1188999414610171/?ti=as

Computer museum in NUIG doing a retro night once a month thinking I might try roll through Friday. https://www.facebook.com/events/1188999414610171/?ti=as
    Oh nice! Not sure when I'll be in Galway next but great to know, will share it to friends up there. Let me know how it goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

There's talks of a retro gaming night brewing in Cork also in a large webcafe soon now that you mention it Shapey.

I'll keep everyone updated when they have something solid in place.

Mike McGrath talking about running that's a college mate of mine back in the day so it'd be well up my street if it weren't so far away!

Might be worth a spin to Cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Mike McGrath talking about running that's a college mate of mine back in the day so it'd be well up my street if it weren't so far away!

It's a small world haha! Had no idea you knew him!

So, it's been over five months since the last meet up.

How would folk, new and old, like to come along to one in my place before the end of the month?

If someone else, in the midlands, south or west, has a better idea that would also be cool.

I shall leave it out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

I'll have to go to one of these meet ups, but this month I'm up to my eyeballs :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This month is a bit crazy for me but could see about last weekend in August.

So, how does the 23rd or 30th fit with folk?
    Let me know here.

23rd is a flat out no.

So, how does the 23rd or 30th fit with folk?
    Let me know here.
    30th definitely out for me I'll be in Belfast for Q-Con, 23rd isn't so bad.

I'll consult with management here and get back about 23/30...

• Advertisement

I'll consult with management here and get back about 23/30...

Did you say to Dino at the quiz or will I say its coming up? Told Atavan as well waiting to hear back.

I messaged the former, get Atavan to let us know, party can't start until he gets there.
    I'll drop Sparks a line too

Atavan said he'll pop along :)

Looks like it's the 23rd.

Dinorex is coming along on the 23rd also.
    Cosmic Smash too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My (almost) annual trip to Casa deCidre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

ok. will defo try to make it this time :)

(mind you I said that before ... )

I've set aside this evening for spider eviction, they know the drill now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Yep I'll be along for the ride - not literally of course.

latest?cb=20130723122314

• Advertisement
Advertisement