Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registry office, Grand Canal

Options
  • 05-03-2019 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I've a college assignment on marriage due in. I would like to talk to some people that are about to marry.

I was thinking of heading down to the registry office in Grand Canal. I'm not sure what way it works though. Obviously I don't want to be stopping people when they're walking in to get married, or leaving afterwards.

Is it a case that people will be waiting to go in or do they just arrive at a set time and walk straight in, no hanging around waiting if you get me.

Bit of a weird one I know, but any help or advice would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

It's not an answer to your question but do you have to talk to people in person for the purposes of your assignment or could you do it on here? We're basically a captive audience :P

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭dbs103

love_love wrote: »
    It's not an answer to your question but do you have to talk to people in person for the purposes of your assignment or could you do it on here? We're basically a captive audience :P

Unfortunately, I've to talk to them in person. Boards would have been perfect otherwise.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

OP I don't think it's a good idea to go to the registry office and approach strangers... especially on their wedding day!

Do you know any couples who are engaged or could you ask around friends/family for anyone who might be able to help you out? With things like facebook, whatsapp, etc these days, we have a much farther reach than we think. It's all about putting the feelers out there! It shouldn't be too difficult to find some friends of friends who might be willing to chat to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I would have HATED someone outside asking questions after we got married here. What kind of project is it? Did it not occur to those involved how intrusive this is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

I can't imagine that working.

It's the last thing anyone would want, in my opinion, to have someone asking them questions on their wedding day.

It would be intrusive, to say the least. Try what woodchuck has suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Surely you don't need to speak to people in the moments before/ after they get married! As friendly and accomodating as I am, there is NO way I would be helping someone with a college assignment the day I got married. You really haven't thought this through at all. Put a shout out on Facebook, or even give your general location here and you may get some help.

Advertisement