Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to match wood panel for damaged unit kickplate

Options
  • 24-02-2019 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I need to pull out our integrated dishwasher and replace the seals, as part of this the current kick plate needs to be replaced as it's completely rotten from water damage.

Question is, how do I find somewhere that can supply a piece of board that matches the existing kickplate sufficiently well that after a few months of exposure to light it won't be obviously different?

Can see the existing one with some of the damage in IMAG2872.jpg

Kitchen looks likely to be original, so probably from around 1996/97 so I'm not sure it will be possible to match exactly, so would settle for close enough. The other picture below might provide a better view of the wood to find a match.

IMAG2869.jpg

Of course, if it turns out it is possible to match exactly (somehow) I might be tempted to replace 2 doors with some slight damage if I can do so for a sensible price rather than just sticking the veneer cover that is starting peal away, at least until we're ready to replace the entire kitchen.

Advertisement