Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Officer in RDA

• 12-08-2018 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,431 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know can you join the RDF as a Lieutenant and if so how often do they recruit and would anyone know what qualifications or experience i.e leadership you need? I was a private in the FCA years ago but would prefer to re join as an officer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭mrmanire

You can't directly join the RDF as an officer in most cases. The vast bulk of officers are commissioned via officer training courses from the NCO ranks.

There is also an age limit of 35 so this may be something to take into consideration if you were in the FCA previously.

Direct commissioning can happen but you need to have useful qualifications for the reserve. Basically, this generally means an engineering or medical degree. Having watch keeping qualifications for the Naval Reserve can also apply.

Just having a degree does not constitute a useful qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭jonnybigwallet

Ya used to be able to join the military police as an officer when I was younger as long as ya went to a good school

Advertisement