Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Second dish options using an old Humax

Options
  • 19-03-2019 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

Ok so I'm looking for ideas/best use.

I have an old Humax Foxsat PVR that is currently hooked up to my Sky dish and is used just to record the likes of ITV in the house.

The Dish itself is there for my Sky Q package, on which I have the full suite of channels.

Someone has just given me a brand new 60cm dish, brackets and LNB and I'm wondering whether I can point the second dish in a different direction and make better use of the Humax. I don't mind losing the ITV recording but has anyone any suggestions as to best use for it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭ei9go

Unless you want foreign language TV, there is really nothing else worth pointing a dish at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

ei9go wrote: »
    Unless you want foreign language TV, there is really nothing else worth pointing a dish at.

I speak fluent Spanish so that's an option, or maybe one that has decent Soccer coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

AFAIK most good Spanish channels are encrypted.

Advertisement