Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherrard Avenue

Options
  • 21-07-2020 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

Has anyone got any experience of living in Sherrard Avenue? Is it anything like Sheriff Street? I currently live in Dolphin's Barn, so I am not fussed by a bit of rough but don't want noisy, neighbours that party all week.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hutch country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I am well aware of that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not too many parties but lots of Garda activity, all hours of the night. Chance of being shot by idiot Kinahan henchmen who 'get the wrong person'.

Oh wait, sorry, there is Sherrard Street too, but that is where all the big houses are!

There are vanishingly few areas of Dublin City Centre where I'd feel uncomfortable living, but that little triangle between Belvedere Rd. and Lower Sherrard Street is near the top of the list.*

Used to walk up there at night time, sometimes, going to Drumcondra. The only reason I even took that route is because there was a Garda patrol car parked there almost permanently. A lot of the residents on Sherrard Street seem to be living in fairly squalid conditions, with the street itself regularly strewn with rubbish and even feral cats. On the plus side, the rent is probably cheap.

*The area around Cumberland Street and Larkin College is probably top of the list. Another gangland address, but with extra open drug-dealing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

****hole. The older residents are ok but their kids and grandkids are vermin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I live nearby, easily in walking distance, but I wouldn't live there.

This is depressing me. Ah, I thought I had found a gem!

I went over the the neighbourhood and chat with some neighbours, lovely people. But the price of the house went way up in the meantime anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vvolf blister

Hi,

For the record Sherrard Avenue is a great spot.

It's generally very quiet and tidy with plenty of nice people living on the road. Le Petit Breton, Shouk, Bear Lemon, Bernard Shaw and Lady From Shanghai Bakery are close by too.
    There is a litter issue mainly due to badly managed multi occupancy units on Sherrard Street Lower but I think Dublin City Council have taken action to tackle it.
    With the soon to open Big Tree Hotel on Dorset Street I'd expect to see a few welcome spin offs in the form of cafes and the likes also.
    Sherrard Avenue 10/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hi,

For the record Sherrard Avenue is a great spot.

It's generally very quiet and tidy with plenty of nice people living on the road. Le Petit Breton, Shouk, Bear Lemon, Bernard Shaw and Lady From Shanghai Bakery are close by too.
    There is a litter issue mainly due to badly managed multi occupancy units on Sherrard Street Lower but I think Dublin City Council have taken action to tackle it.
    With the soon to open Big Tree Hotel on Dorset Street I'd expect to see a few welcome spin offs in the form of cafes and the likes also.
    Sherrard Avenue 10/10

You selling a gaff by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vvolf blister

Birneybau wrote: »
    You selling a gaff by any chance?

No I'm not but I live here and felt I had better share some of the positives.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dev_ire

Few places that look like deals on that road and around, but there is a reason they are deals :)

Not bad if you have no kids and in it for the long haul it will change slowly but for now it is fairly rough.

Advertisement