Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Depository - bad customer service experience

Options
  • 17-02-2021 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here had dealings with the Book Depository. I have been waiting for delivery of books that were ordered three weeks ago, and dispatched two weeks ago, but in the last two days when I contacted them, I just get the same standard emails back saying they are 'reaching out to me' and will be in touch again. No answer to my query. There is no contact number anywhere on their site to contact them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Hannaho wrote: »
    Has anyone here had dealings with the Book Depository. I have been waiting for delivery of books that were ordered three weeks ago, and dispatched two weeks ago, but in the last two days when I contacted them, I just get the same standard emails back saying they are 'reaching out to me' and will be in touch again. No answer to my query. There is no contact number anywhere on their site to contact them.

Book depository are an Amazon company that is the cheapest untracked post from the UK generally.

It took almost 7 weeks for my Christmas presents to be delivered from them, 3 weeks late. They did offer a refund though to be fair - which I didn't accept, as the goods were in the post I was assured.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

bought eleven books before christmas, 10 arrived one was returned (got that notification after about 6 weeks) reordered arrived in about 4 weeks

but the delivery times have gone to pot

• Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Bought one book with them last June, arrived within less than a week.
    Bought about 20 books with them since Christmas (two collections, 6 "individual" books)
    I had some queries with them since Xmas before I bought the books on potential implications of brexit which they answered fairly quickly.
    All of the books arrived within the estimated shipping period which ranged from 14-21 days.
    So far, generally a good experience with them.
    Didn't reaslise there was any link between them and amazon being honest, only that they might have a store on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

A book I ordered on 10 January was shipped on the 14th. No sign of it by the beginning of February so I contacted them. They said they would normally ship a replacement copy but decided to give me a refund. I got the refund. Then last week the book arrived. I contacted them again to ask how I could pay them, but they said keep the money with their compliments. The book was not delivered by the usual courier but came by An Post. Must be the Brexit Gremlin gumming up the works!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Book depository always comes by "an post" for me.

I've ordered so many books off them . Christmas was the longest wait between the borders closing and brexit.

You kinda know when ordering it will be Abit of a wait but generally they are the cheapest by a few euro so worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

3 books ordered 18th Jan, dispatched 22nd Jan and they still haven't arrived.
    Brexit has really made a mess of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Lurching wrote: »
    3 books ordered 18th Jan, dispatched 22nd Jan and they still haven't arrived.
    Brexit has really made a mess of things.

It has to be more than Brexit. I've ordered and received books from Amazon and 2 Amazon sellers in the UK since 1st February and all have arrived .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Book Depository delivery has always been painfully slow and Brexit has made it worse.

Can't comment on their customer service as I've always just accepted that and never tried to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

I have been buying from Book Depository for years, never realised they were connected to Amazon! I haven't had any problems with them, in fact I got a full refund relatively recently after I queried an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

I have been buying from Book Depository for years, never realised they were connected to Amazon! I haven't had any problems with them, in fact I got a full refund relatively recently after I queried an issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement