Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ATTENTION ALL IRISH SC2ers!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

GG to whoever I played there, b.net wouldn't let me log back on so I just gave up. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭murphzor

Ex-LoL.

Fixed that for you.

Once tainted, always tainted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Orizio wrote: »
    GG to whoever I played there, b.net wouldn't let me log back on so I just gave up. :p

ah you must be Feanor ingame so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

mad turnip wrote: »
    ah you must be Feanor ingame so?

That's noobnor to you.
    Once tainted, always tainted.

Rude :<

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RimasOwns97

No offence but yous are all so retarded. there is already a group/clan for Irish players, theres 140 members in the group , we played sometimes on ESL as an Irish team.

Lol'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 UntidyIntent

Lol is right Sinister :) This guy is a great ambassador for them lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

No offence but yous are all so retarded

That's the internet in one sentence.

Care to share the group with us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

Grimebox wrote: »
    That's the internet in one sentence.

Care to share the group with us?

Got to love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

NORTHERN Ireland Starcraft

ah that would explain a lot so, were SOUTHERN Ireland Starcraft or the REPUBLIC of Ireland Starcraft

^ I mean this in good fun if its not clear lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 WardyCfc

Yeah tats not a clan/group for Ireland, that's Northern Ireland.
    No offence but you are so retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RimasOwns97

That name was chosen 3 years ago , Its open to everyone and we play on ESL as Ireland, We even have **** load of swedes in our group

I approve of this thread.

tCp90.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Just had a go at the ladder for the first time since I got HOTS.

Decided to switch to zerg - figured the macroing would suit my playstyle.

Loving it. Far less ladder anxiety than when I was playing with Terran (which was the reason I only played about 200 ladder games up until now). I know I'm handicapping myself with a less than ideal play style but it takes away some of the tension for me.

Anywho, i want in!:)

• Advertisement

Good man, Gbear. Join the SC2Ireland grp and we can go from there eh :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Bramble has joined the Sc2Ireland group.

Silver/Gold level Terran with an erratic play schedule who really needs to jump on the Mech bandwagon.......

No offence but yous are all so retarded. there is already a group/clan for Irish players, theres 140 members in the group , we played sometimes on ESL as an Irish team.
    You really make me want to join that group...and shouldn't that say "ye are all so retarded"?..... after all we are Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Yous is a Dublin thing.

Good man Tenger, and it ain't specifically a Dublin thing, got ppl from all over.

Gumbi wrote: »
    Yous is a Dublin thing.

Yeah. TBF culchies don't have computers.

• Advertisement

I don't even understand why someone would want to make a word longer by adding another letter while, at the same time, showing their incredible level articulacy.

EDIT: Just to clarify I'm being sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭TheoBane

Hey all

my name is Theo from overclocker.ie, we are a new companie that are regulary setting up Lan Events. We are planning to start doing leagues, five of them infact over a period of time. With these leagues the cup prize will hopefuly be a nice sum of money and being sent to Dreamhack and Insomia.

We as a company are trying to help each gaming scene grow and become more competitive. So in doing this, ive decided that to help you guys.

I will build a website for the starcraft group with a disussion section on it, organise it so that you can set events up. Also that users can register on the site, a blog section of the site and etc.

So we are hoping to help get things going, we also going to release a magazine next month aimed at irish gamers and modding.

Also you can check out our website at www.overclocker.ie

This is really great news for the SC2 community. And it's a really, really smart move from your company as well. This can only lead to good things from both sides.

Good luck to the SC2 community and your business as a whole.

EDIT: Cool site :>

EDIT2: Your cafe, or wherever you host tournaments and stuff. Where is it? I saw in the "About" section an address but looking at the pics there's not really much there?

EDIT3: You really should have mentioned this to the community when it was announced in order to give them some preparation time -- I'd say you would get a good attendance but you didn't announce it here :X http://www.overclocker.ie/index.php/component/ohanah/mini-lan-bash?Itemid=289

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭TheoBane

We are on the kylemoore road in the west link induatrial estate. we are currently looking at redesigning the website again to add more features and create a site more like a gaming social network.

All we would like to see is more competitive gaming in ireland.

No Sc in the mini-LAN Bash.
    Im heartbroken to say the least

Although nice site and will look out for LANs in the future.
    I will definitely be picking up your magazine
    A gamer social network, brilliant idea.

Also thanks for the offering to make us a site. That would be brilliant

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056946837

Check this out Wardy, pretty sure there is :)

Checked it out. Right you are. I may go so

Fifa and SC2 sound good to me

Goddammit, UntidyIntent, I wanted to point out how incredibly misinformed he was!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CaLiguLaz

Hi guys, playing HOTS since it came out back in March/April. Used to be a pretty keen BW player as a teenager back in the early 00`s. I've joined SCIreland but jesus there's barely ever anyone on! I'm active everyday and I'm in Gold at the moment. I'm mainly a Protoss player but I've been messing around with Zerg a lot lately too.

Are there any other channels/groups where there are some active Irish players? I'd love to improve and play in some small tournies. I really miss the old B.net where you could find different channels full of people and have the craic. My battletag is CaLiguLa#2303 so add me up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I used to frequent this irc channel when I played: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=starcraft.ie

Not sure if the people in there are actively playing.

There is a northern irish group that is very active still: https://www.facebook.com/groups/165140136894580/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

hey i'm usually sat in sc2ireland channel i'll give you a game or two, but i haven't played ladder since start of hots because my screen is too small (seriously i can see mineral patches and a cc that's it) just waiting to get a new 24" monitor then i'll probably start laddering again

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CaLiguLaz

Grimebox wrote: »

There is a northern irish group that is very active still: https://www.facebook.com/groups/165140136894580/

Nice one!
    fiinch wrote: »
    hey i'm usually sat in sc2ireland channel i'll give you a game or two, but i haven't played ladder since start of hots because my screen is too small (seriously i can see mineral patches and a cc that's it) just waiting to get a new 24" monitor then i'll probably start laddering again

Sound, add me up

• Registered Users Posts: 9 isopara

Ye Sc2 group is generally very quite :D theres a few irish in my clan atm Fridge
    Im Isopara 358 (if my memory is correct)Il try to be more active in the group myself hope to see more of irish around sc2 :D
    also Starcraft ireland group https://www.facebook.com/groups/669188076429595/ on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 7 NiSCWombaT

Well, I can only speak for Northern Ireland Starcraft on Facebook which is active as hell, even if you're just going to lurk, open to anyone who wants to join and be active be it from the North or South or from parts beyond.

No other page has been active enough to really be worth subbing to in my experience, although perhaps Ireland Starcraft can fulfill that role in the future, which would be fantastic

I agree 100% with the OP that having a centralised place for information is useful in terms of galvanising the scene and getting players playing together. It is a source of annoyance somewhat that the NI, RoI and UK mainland scenes are so damn insular sometimes.

Is there an Irish player group anywhere on Bnet btw, that might be worth a start with the new UI updates in terms of updating events etc.

Hello all btw! Forgot my last username on here so had to re-signup

Hey Wombat, nice post! The only Bnet grp I know of that has any amount of numbers is the 'StarCraft Ireland' grp, altho atm it's not very active.

can't join the nisc chat on bnet without being a member and i already joined a team called fridge that is very active and has a few irish players in it. there's plenty of people in starcraft ireland group but hardly anyone uses the chat.

The irish fight club tournament was a great idea it's fun to watch and chat with a few other irish heads.

there's lots of activity in the nisc and starcraft ireland facebook groups which is great, everyone seems prety helpful, just waiting on a new pc myself till i get back into laddering xD

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1zdibj/new_irish_starcraft_community_hub_all_ireland/

Consider it a rebrand of the Northern Ireland Starcraft page to finally encompass all you beautiful Southerners. Hope to see some of you there (if you aren't already)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Fergulbops

Ye still goin lads?

Aye man, drop us a line sometime

• Advertisement

Class will do. think i met a few of ye in team games before.

Ah cool man, we've actually got an event up in Belfast this weekend, will be a bunch of stuff going up around it no doubt here:

Look for allirelandstarcraft on Facebook if you're interested in keeping pace with stuff

NiSCWombaT wrote: »
    Ah cool man, we've actually got an event up in Belfast this weekend, will be a bunch of stuff going up around it no doubt here:

Look for allirelandstarcraft on Facebook if you're interested in keeping pace with stuff

Will do :) - In Galway myself, best of luck with the event !

Give it up lads, its long since over.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

SC2 is over?

fúck i totally forgot that my enjoyment of a game is completely dependent on your opinion of it's current state, better pack up my keyboard!

why would you even bother posting that like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 PacWac

Hey folks! Starcraft in Ireland is still going strong. With Q-Con wrapping up just under a month ago, an event which saw 24 players duke it out for £100 and a Ducky Keyboard for first place and £50 for second place, we are setting our sights on Dublin for the next big Starcraft event.

Join the 250 members in All Ireland Starcraft on facebook (www(dot)facebook(dot)com/groups/allirelandstarcraft). We need YOUR voice in order to have a tournament in Dublin. Please vote in our poll that is PINNED TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE on our group so we can gauge numbers!

We currently have a competition going to win a Starcraft 2 Zerg Messenger Bag as well, so feel free to enter that!

Thanks for your time folks. I hope your #PASSION doesn't die and the Starcraft scene here can see the level it was at in 2011 once again!

Advertisement