Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATTENTION ALL IRISH SC2ers!!

Options
  • 03-04-2013 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi folks, I made this thread because I think it's important for the Irish SC2 scene, if there is too be one, that we all come under the one banner so to speak. I think a good way too start is too try and have 1 main irish grp on sc2 that all the Irish players should join, there is currently a few out there and if the owners read this plz get in contact, if u like the idea, so that we can merge the grps. Secondly a main Irish clan would be another obvious choice, one that all irish sc2er's would join etc. I know this isn't maybe a huge step but it might be what is needed too get the ball rolling by havin everyone centralised and hopefully with large numbers and lots of ppl online discussoins will take place in real time about tournaments and all that other crap :D boards.ie is a great medium but i think somewhere where we can all talk real-time as a group would be aa good first step. So PLEASE think about it and COMMENT, thanks for reading. Peace!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 WardyCfc

YES! This is most defiantly the way to start a solid SC2 scene in Ireland. There are 2 groups of note already one with 30 members and one with 25. We need the two admins of these to go from where these are but it seems they are rarely online. Hopefully they will post but if not I suggest we pick a suitable name and all join that, maybe UntidyIntent would be happy to create a new group. A clan will shortly follow but lets get all Irish players in the one group first

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there's an irish starcraft channel on quakenet
    #starcraft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 47 UntidyIntent

I'd be happy too start a grp but 'd rather w8 till we got some more feedback here b4 i go ahead with anything, also throw out Name idea :D

Éire32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

can we join even if we are really really bad :D
    (and in about 2 months when im finished college)

• Advertisement

Of course it wouldn't be much point if we excluded people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Good idea. I wouldn't mind making an effort to try to get from Diamond to Master. I pretty much gave up 1v1 once I reached Diamond a year ago.

The group should be called POTATO£AM¥N€

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Grimebox wrote: »
    Good idea. I wouldn't mind making an effort to try to get from Diamond to Master. I pretty much gave up 1v1 once I reached Diamond a year ago.

The group should be called POTATO£AM¥N€

Macro, macro, macro buddy :) that's about it for low - mid master's. ;)

Gumbi wrote: »
    Macro, macro, macro buddy :) that's about it for low - mid master's. ;)

My old laptop was so bad that I couldn't play if the armies got maxed out so I pretty much did one-base plays all the way up to low diamond. Only getting the hang of 3-base+ games now. It's actually very easy to out-multitask people so far. Posture my army + zealot warp-in = no workers for you

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

as terran my lategame fear i tell everyone is warp prism dt in 3-4 bases its such a bitch to deal with if you dont see the shrine , lucky for me no one seems to do it :D

• Advertisement

GosuIrish wrote: »
    as terran my lategame fear i tell everyone is warp prism dt in 3-4 bases its such a bitch to deal with if you dont see the shrine , lucky for me no one seems to do it :D

It's definitely a potent tactic. A good Toss will use this multi-pronged harassment to force a good engagement, what you have to do is force this engagement on your terms, crush his army, and punish his smaller army count due to the 10+ supply harassment (this army deficiency is compounded by the fact that your army supply should already be bigger due to your saccing of SCVs for the lategame).

Gumbi wrote: »
    It's definitely a potent tactic. A good Toss will use this multi-pronged harassment to force a good engagement, what you have to do is force this engagement on your terms, crush his army, and punish his smaller army count due to the 10+ supply harassment (this army deficiency is compounded by the fact that your army supply should already be bigger due to your saccing of SCVs for the lategame).

I panic whenever I see SCV's being sacked. Terran army is bound to be bigger

It can be annoying but if got alot better at dealing with it and i like to make a few sensor towers to cover for it too , just having them stops alot of toss even trying prisms , TvP probably my fav matchup to play, very hard and unforgiving at times but i love ghost vs ht wars and once iv 20+ ghosts i feel like i should never lose : )) , if i would stop getting dam tvt i feel i could be masters fairly soon but i suck so bad at it right now

• Registered Users Posts: 9 isopara

My Life for Éire is my vote for clan name :P

isopara wrote: »

Nice! :)

i also vote for that

isopara wrote: »

I second this, great name.
    But all non toss players will disagree

If its Our Life for Eire the short name can be OLE :)

Less talk, more action :pac:

UntidyIntent, you are our provisional leader; get it done

Lol Ok may aswell make that clan so

Message me in-game, clan will be 'Our Life For Eire', acronym [OLE].
    Get everyone u know and more too come, I want all the Irish sc players in this clan! or as many that want too.

• Advertisement

Clan is up and running guys. Get on in here. Also SCIreland is the group you can find myself and Untidy in.
    We are also in Eiré but we have yet to get in contact with the owner of this. Preferably join SCIreland for now

I'll join over the weekend and see if I can get some friends involved. I might make a stab at getting to masters. I am gold at the moment after playing around ten 1v1's after throwing my placement; I put myself in bronze on purpose just to try out some wonky builds carefree. I was diamond in WoL

Great! I won't be on over the weekend but Wardy and Isopara (think that's it) should hopefully be on and they can invite. I'll see u there next week!

odd having people to talk too on b.net :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

What's a Starcraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 abomb

Hey,I cant join the clan cause im already in one and your only allowed to join 1 per account on bnet but i joined the group sc2ireland

just a heads up,I searched "sc2Ireland" and couldn't find it in bnet and had to search "Ireland" to get it,dunno if it was just for me or some bnet bug but yea try both

Cheers for the heads up! Any fun showmatches on the way? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 abomb

Cheers for the heads up! Any fun showmatches on the way? :D

hmm not in the near future ^^,i recently changed my set up at home ( my monitor size,seat height and seating position)to match what it would be at live tournaments which set me back a bit then i got used to it and about 1-2 weeks ago i decided to retrain myself in how i use the keyboard,like which fingers press which keys and changed my hotkeys slightly also( i could go really indepth with what i did but ill save you the long read :D).

Its really hard lol but im getting the hang of it,its kind of a case of take 2 steps back to take 1 step forward or w/e that moto is :D,i got ranked into grandmaster but obviously i didn't want to play on my main acc when doing these changes cause i didn't want people to be like "wow abombs so bad" cause i could barely attack move my units haha,so i got kicked from grandmaster for a big bonus pool and 3 days later blizzard announce the whole wcs and that to play in it you need to be grandmaster LOL!so unlucky for me :(

but on the bright side,sure i could have played the wcs with my suboptimal keyboard use,or i can miss the 1rst one and do better then i ever could have in future ones (like 4-5 down the line)

soooooooo yea no showmatches soon :D

• Advertisement

Balls man, bad luck on the wcs! Wudda been nice too see an Irish player at a serious event. But hey if the new setup improves ur overall game at least thats sumthin! Would the wcs be the only one eu'd be interested in? Why not the Intel or UK masters one?

Advertisement