Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers benefit non-EU citizens

Options
  • 14-01-2021 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hi. My husband was laid off in November. He’s from the outside the EU/EEA but has lived here for about 8 years in total (on and off but back here full time since summer ‘18). He was working full time here since summer 18. He didn’t qualify for JB in November because he didn’t have enough stamps in the relevant tax year (2018). Didn’t qualify for JA because of my income. Applied again on 1 Jan thinking he’d get JB now that the relevant tax year is 2019. But SW are demanding all kinds of documents from him. He filled out a habitual residence form before Xmas, but now they’re asking for his GNIB card as well as the letter he received with his card stating why he was given residence (he didn’t keep this). He qualifies for residence based on marriage to an Irish citizen. We recently bought a house here and we have kids in school here etc. etc. so lots of proof of residence I would have thought. Anyway, my question is, shouldn’t he qualify based on his stamps regardless of why he has permanent residency? Residence only seems to be a requirement for JA not JB so are they accidentally assessing him for JA instead of JB? Can’t get anyone at SW to answer the phone or call him so really would appreciate any insight anyone here has. Tx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

I suppose nobody has experience of this. More broadly, I'm wondering if anybody has ever managed to get SW to reconsider what documents they require to support an application?

SW are requesting a document that doesn't exist. Himself has contacted Dept. of Justice and GNIB as directed by SW and they are telling him the document doesn't exist, and SW shouldn't require it. SW are saying a 'vetter' made a list of what documents were required and the person on the phone can't change the list and won't transfer him to anyone who can. It's just going around in circles at this point. Any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭ronano

Terrible situation, I would have expected he'd be covered for jsb. I've always found the INOU, a great resource in the past. You can ring them and explain your situation and maybe they can guide you. +35318560088 is their number

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

HRC does not apply to JB claims. If it was an online claim email onlinejobseekers@welfare.ie to ask for clarification on requested documents.
    If the claim was made in an Intreo centre email that office for clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Never heard of INOU so will try them. Thanks.

I also thought residency wouldn’t be an issue because he has the stamps but they’re still causing hassle about his status (he has stamp 4/permanent residency).

Advertisement