Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GB News Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭StreetLight

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    What strikes me is the dab decision here needs to be revisited.

Why? They are launching in the UK, not Ireland. :confused:

Why? They are launching in the UK, not Ireland. :confused:

Think he is making the point that the UK are progressing with DAB while we have dropped it. Hopefully Bauer will have an interest in devoloping it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭StreetLight

One broadcaster abandoning DAB doesn't mean the format is dead. I would love to see Bauer develop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

My point is that they seem to be getting more choice using Dab.

Times Radio, LBC etc
    80s, 90s music etc
    Gold Radio

Hopefully, Bauer will do something here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Seriously...

DAB was a good technology but we are far too late for this dance

There is multiple ways to get a far larger choice of stations via the internet whether you are at home or on the move

RIP DAB - could’ve been great

• Advertisement

Brendan O' Connor was slagging off GB Radio, and fact that that Arlene Foster has joined it. I cannot find the BOC thread here btw.

Pot & Kettle pretty much, there, from ye Bredan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

No matter how shyte GB News is (matter of opinion of course) the fact is that having a clear right wing alternative completely makes apparent the left wing msm. Certainly left wing in terms of social issues. It just becomes more obvious to people who aren't particularly interested in such things. BoC would prefer if his left wing tendencies were just considered the norm rather than having any political slant at all, but as I say the mere existence of GB News no matter how bad or good it is exposes his and his employers political leaning. That is what has them concerned and that is why they are bothered to bad mouth it. You'd think they'd just ignore it instead of giving it any kind of publicity but no they are going on the attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Did he slag it off or did he just say that it was exactly “mainstream media”?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Advertisement