Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super racist covid vaccine approach

• 26-05-2021 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

So, the americans aren't racist anymore, they've got super not racist president Joe biden, he's going to get law reform for George Floyd, the US police are going to stop hunting down black men yada yada yada.

Meanwhile, the americans are going to vaccinate teenagers, who stastically are in very little danger from covid, while billions of far more vunerable people(there's black people in africa I hear, that could be a conspiracy theory however) around the planet are further down the queue(if ever)
    On drivertime on rte radio 1 yesterday evening(25/5/21) between 5 and 6 they asked a FG minister of state(didn't get his name) if we here in ireland were going to be vaccinating fit, healthy young people when older, vunerable people in poorer countries we're being left to wait longer. now, it was a sh1t show of an interview in general(as is usual when a politican openes their mouth) as yer man never answered the question properly, just kept saying the covax scheme they put a few million into meant 71 million vaccines were delivered to devoloping countries so far.

wow, nearly there so, just another 2.99 billion to go.

when Cormac(the rte interviewer's name i think) asked the minister if it was the case if we would be vaccinating younger people here while others around the world were not he said no(but didn't finish his answer fully, i'm guess he was going to cite the 71 million doses again), cormac just left it at that, as i said , it was a sh1tshow of an interview.
    but the answer is clearly yes, we'll soon be offering the vaccines to 40 year olds, the americans are talking about vaccinating teenagers ffs while the over 1 billion in africa are largly being ignored,india has over a billion people too.

now, i personlly don't belive that mass vaccination of healthy , younger people is the way out of this, but those in governments around the world seem to think it is.

if they are such strong believers of the covid vaccines then why are they so racist about it? we're all god's children, we're suppose to be a christian country, american politicans love talkling about God, except when it really matters, God and Jesus wouldn't want them to spend so much money on arms(to kill brown skinned people), nuclear proliferation, having an unequal society in health and education.

God, would most likely do to them what he did to Sodom and Gomorrah.

someone explain to me why poor vunerable people are lesser than others ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

I believe its because people look after their own first.

Why can you justify having a phone/Internet and other luxurious while people are dying of starvation for example.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,830 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sure....

you do your best to protect vulnerable people... dont you
    i personally won't be taking the vaccine as i react badly to stings

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

sydthebeat wrote: »
    sure....

you do your best to protect vulnerable people... dont you

what are you on about ?

I believe its because people look after their own first.

Why can you justify having a phone/Internet and other luxurious while people are dying of starvation for example.

i can't, that said, i don't live a life of super luxury, i can't drink the water that the council provides to me even so there's that. i have debts to pay, or i could just live on the street.

slightly whataboutery. it's not a big ask that everyone has these things, taking them off me solves little. do we really need to be sending rockets to mars ?

or this
    https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/us-government-spent-181406-study-how-cocaine-enhances-sex-drive-japanese-quail

can you address the subject ?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,830 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

what are you on about ?

comprehension not your strong point?

can you not see the engrained hypocrisy in these two statements that your, yourself, made:
    someone explain to me why poor vunerable people are lesser than others ?
    personally won't be taking the vaccine as i react badly to stings

• Advertisement

No. Can't. Not taking the vaccine. What has that got to do with anyone else? I don't want it, they can shove it. Can I post mine to a scared old person in another country? Any chance you could end the personal attacks and discuss the premise ? Or what is the point of boards.ie. what is the point of moderators?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Europe is sending about 50% of it's manufactured vaccines to non-european countries, India was also doing this (and crazily to the UK) but stopped when their local levels started rising again.

If you want to do your bit:

Donate money to the various charities doing work in the countries afflicted with COVID, redcross is doing sterling work here.

Get vaccinated yourself and get us to herd immunity so we can eliminate the virus entirely and stop transmission. Young people are also more likely to spread the virus, the world will get vaccinated, it will take time, take the vaccine when offered and be part of the solution, the sooner we get to herd immunity and eliminate the virus the sooner the excess we ordered can start being shipped to other countries.

edit: also this isn't a conspiracy theory

The US are also going to be sending vaccines abroad. Think they've already done so with Mexico. I do think there's a very real issue that the developing world has been left in the lurch. The US specifically are aiming for herd immunity as quickly as it's possible so it's logical to cover minors.

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/17/997575473/u-s-to-ship-20-million-additional-covid-vaccine-doses-overseas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Thats ridiculous. Any nations health infrastructure is primarily dedicated to the people who built it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The placing of a nations public health foremost isn't a conspiracy theory. It's a political reality.

I'm struggling to see what the claimed conspiracy is?

• Advertisement

It's a capitalist policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,676 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

You've missed the whole point of vaccination. It matters to the rest of us not because it protects you, but because it protects people from you. That's how herd immunity works.

Seriously, 18 months into the pandemic and you still haven't grasped this?

Advertisement