Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Records

Options
  • 25-05-2021 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi all, am trying to trace a family member who emigrated to Canada in 1930 - so far all I have found is a passenger list for a ship arriving in Montreal in July 1930. I believe he worked on a farm in a French speaking part of Canada but have been unable to locate any further information. Have used Ancestry, MyHeritage and FamilySearch.

Are there any other places where Canadian records may be accessable?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ambros1a

Hi Cassie,

I'm not allowed post URLs as I'm a new user! So google "Quebec: Genealogy resources" Scroll down and there is a link to a Canadian genealogical resources page from Libraries and Archives Canada that I have found useful for ideas and links

I have also found the various provincial archives useful - it's amazing the information they hold e.g. I managed to get the complete divorce file of a relative which helped expand a branch on my tree.

It might also be useful to check out the website of Gail Dever who is based in Montreal. It's called Genealogy a la carte. She has links to resources and her blog is very informative.

All of these sites helped me jump over a brick wall

Good luck

Advertisement