Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Young Child Dinner Ideas - Share Your Successes

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Our one hasn’t learnt yuck yet but I’m sure it’s only around the corner.

Tonight was a good dinner day, corn on the cob, Mac n cheese and butternut squash and cheese grits. I’ve Mac n cheese and grits leftover which is good as tomorrow I’m planning oxtail ragu that I know she won’t like so I can supplement that with today’s leftovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

554823.jpg

Tried these last night and it was a success. I think she found it quite novel eating with her hands and learning what parts she could/couldn't eat.

It's an Annabel Karmel recipe:

https://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/apricot-dijon-drumsticks/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Tried these last night and it was a success. I think she found it quite novel eating with her hands and learning what parts she could/couldn't eat.

It's an Annabel Karmel recipe:

https://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/apricot-dijon-drumsticks/

Small girl is still at an age where hands are normal eating implements. She likes a drumstick from the BBQ however when i did them in the oven she turned her nose up at them. I must roast a chicken again soon and try her with that.

Made a nice pasta sauce last night which might be a good one for those whose kids love pesto pasta. I had kept a couple of broccoli stems after eating the florets over the week. I boiled these up, pulsed them in a food processor and then added cream cheese and pesto. Nice way to get in an added vegetable. i froze some of the sauce for days i need a quick dinner for her. Ive also done similar with baby spinach. Pesto is such a strong flavour it still shines thorugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Small girl is still at an age where hands are normal eating implements. She likes a drumstick from the BBQ however when i did them in the oven she turned her nose up at them. I must roast a chicken again soon and try her with that.

Made a nice pasta sauce last night which might be a good one for those whose kids love pesto pasta. I had kept a couple of broccoli stems after eating the florets over the week. I boiled these up, pulsed them in a food processor and then added cream cheese and pesto. Nice way to get in an added vegetable. i froze some of the sauce for days i need a quick dinner for her. Ive also done similar with baby spinach. Pesto is such a strong flavour it still shines thorugh

I do something similar; I make a basic roux with butter & milk, add pesto and serve with pasta, small broccoli florets, peas and chicken or salmon. All mixed up it goes down well.

Advertisement