Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social clubs

Options
  • 15-06-2021 7:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all!

Looking for a social group in Galway. I have been living in Galway for the last 4 years and working from home since Covid hit. Finding the isolation wearing and now things are opening up again I'd love to meet up with some people! Preferably female oriented as I could do with some gal pals! :)

Just wondering, what kind of groups are around? I have tried Meetup.com but there doesn't seem to be much happening on it! I'm up for anything really, walking, running, chatting, eating, drinking, cinema.

Any suggestions would be whole heartily appreciated.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hi all!

Looking for a social group in Galway. I have been living in Galway for the last 4 years and working from home since Covid hit. Finding the isolation wearing and now things are opening up again I'd love to meet up with some people! Preferably female oriented as I could do with some gal pals! :)

Just wondering, what kind of groups are around? I have tried Meetup.com but there doesn't seem to be much happening on it! I'm up for anything really, walking, running, chatting, eating, drinking, cinema.

Any suggestions would be whole heartily appreciated.
    Thanks!

I know The Salthouse have a Running Club, think it's Sundays. Mix of people. Check their social media or Galway Bay Breweries and it should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Galway parkrun seems to have a bit of popularity to it. Might be an option for meeting people and keeping fit too!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Galway parkrun seems to have a bit of popularity to it. Might be an option for meeting people and keeping fit too!

This is not on at the moment, well the Oranmore one anyway. I've been waiting patiently for it to be back on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Kingp35 wrote: »
    This is not on at the moment, well the Oranmore one anyway. I've been waiting patiently for it to be back on!

They only started back in the UK last week so we'll probably be another month or two here before they get going

• Registered Users Posts: 23,389 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I'd recommend Toastmasters (A membership fee of €100 applies)
    https://galway.toastmastersclubs.org
    or
    volunteering is rewarding and an excellent way to meet like-minded people
    https://volunteergalway.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Not 100% on this but if you wanted to try your hand at rowing I think the Grainne Mhaol Rowing club facilitates newcomers for recreational rowing and have recently started doing sessions again.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

The Galway Lawn Tennis club might be worth a go - you could sign up for beginners/doubles/singles/ladies/mixed (assuming they have such a thing).
    The Galway walking club do multiple walks every weekend, each walk allows 15 people with a ‘leader’, good way to see the county as well!
    Golf clubs are a good bet too as you get to spend time chatting while playing, and go to the club house afterwards for social stuff. All the clubs are keen to have new lady members and run lessons, beginners leagues etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Check out Salsa and Latin Music on FB.

Plenty of [now outdoor] dance classes advertised there.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CalisGirl

Are there any book clubs in Galway city?

Advertisement