Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CAI

• 31-05-2021 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi has anyone got any experience with returning to CAI after not doing exams over five years ago. They said they had to get a board decision was wondering if anyone had gone through this.
    Thanks

Comments

Yes. I don't know about any board decision made in my case or if there was they didn't ask any further questions. I did it as a flexible route student. They are not looking to made it hard for you to enroll on the course as you are money in the bank for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bg01

Thanks whatnow!
    Just received notice that they have approved me.
    Do you know if an ACCA can sign off work experience.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

yes any member of a body recognised by IFAC with 3 years' standing can sign off work experience, see attached form.
    You might also be able to claim relevant experience for some of your 5-year hiatus, give the training support team a shout on the phone they are lovely.

You will however need an ACA with 5+ yrs membership for your final admission to membership application but again training support can assist in helping you find a member to support your application.

bg01 wrote: »
    Thanks whatnow!
    Just received notice that they have approved me.
    Do you know if an ACCA can sign off work experience.
    Thanks

As was said you will need an ACA to sign off on your final admission to membership but they don't have to work in your organisation I believe.

Thank you will give them a call this week.

• Advertisement

whatnow! wrote: »
    As was said you will need an ACA to sign off on your final admission to membership but they don't have to work in your organisation I believe.

Brilliant didnt realise this

Advertisement