Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone living in Heathfield, Finglas with comments on the area ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Gael23 wrote: »
    Was looking at Finglas as an option until I read this. First time buyer doing it on my own so I have 220k absolute max.

Looks like there is a reason Finglas is affordable

Finglas is a massive area, and some of it is very nice but like everywhere else they tend to be the expensive bit of Finglas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Was looking at Finglas as an option until I read this. First time buyer doing it on my own so I have 220k absolute max.

You’ll be looking for a while.
    Your hearing one persons opinion on an estate.

I can show you 10 residents up there that are happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

As others said Finglas is a massive suburb and has its good and bad. This isnt a hard and fast rule but in general you will find lower house prices to the west of the N2. East of the N2 is generally very settled and house prices are higher.

Your budget of 220k would get you a 1 bed apartment in nearby Ashtown which has a direct train link to the city centre and the Phoenix Park just a 5 minute walk away. Id be looking around there if you're buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Muahahaha wrote: »
    As others said Finglas is a massive suburb and has its good and bad. This isnt a hard and fast rule but in general you will find lower house prices to the west of the N2. East of the N2 is generally very settled and house prices are higher.

Your budget of 220k would get you a 1 bed apartment in nearby Ashtown which has a direct train link to the city centre and the Phoenix Park just a 5 minute walk away. Id be looking around there if you're buying.

Ashtown would actually really suit me. I work near the convention centre so I could get the parkway train in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ashtown is a great little spot, its on the canal and near the Phoenix Park while only being around 18-20 minutes on the train to Connolly. It doesnt suffer from the same anti social problems found in west Finglas so would be a better option to buy in that regard.

Also be aware there is a new train station being built at the moment in Royal Canal Park/Ratoath Road which is between Ashtown and Broombridge on the train line. Theres lots of apartments in Royal Canal Park at decent enough prices. The new station is going to be called Pelletstown Construction began in February so it might be open by the end of the year if progress is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 irishstevieg

Does and know the Developer/Buliders Phone number or Email for the Heathfield Estate in Finglas. Im sure there name is Coshon Two Limited. Having trouble getting this info online and i need it ASAP .

I went looking at a house in Finglas yesterday, Glebe View, does anyone have any information on this?

I took a drive down Cappagh Road afterwards and it started to look progressively more sketchy as I progressed.

Did not look too nice at all around Heathfield.

Advertisement