Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are travellers a distinct ethnic subset within Ireland?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

So you approve of racism then?

Yes, we all approve of raceism. Everyone in the country is evil except the people who dont want to contribute to society in any productive way but really like free stuff.

Travellers are an ethnic minority the same as drug dealers or every memebr of Siptu are. They are a group of people who decide to live outside the normal social boundaries while taking from it. Nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Stekelly wrote: »
    Yes, we all approve of raceism. Everyone in the country is evil except the people who dont want to contribute to society in any productive way but really like free stuff.

Travellers are an ethnic minority the same as drug dealers are.

slight problem with that. anyone can become a drug dealer, travellers are born travellers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This one time in College I was meandering about the campus with some mates after over-indulging slightly. Decided in my youthful vigour that it might be fun to run along the top of a high fence. The inner Bollocko voice of sanity was muted by the booze I fear.
    Young Bollocko ended up in hospital with a broken jaw. I lived and learned.
    But I do know what the inner voice was saying.
    No good can come of this.
    I am uneasy about the traveller bashing. PM me for clarification.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement