Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

www.wind-onlineshop.com

• 29-08-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I've placed a snowboard order with Wind, a German shop with an online presence (www.wind-onlineshop.com). Anyone used them before? Are they legit? they are looking for a moneytransfer, not a credit card or paypal payment, so I want to be sure before I hand over the cash. I know a fair few German companies operate this way, and I have seen a couple of references to the site being legit, just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I'd spend some quality time with Google before you send money. If they are legit, you should find confirmation. Always a good idea to look for a postal address and phone number, and ring it to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Forget about it mate, if you transfer money that way and something goes wrong, thats it, your money is gone. There is no way to get it back, no way at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Sorry can't help with this site but this is the way almost all german sites work. If you can find good reports about them online then i'd have no worries if I was you.

make sure you report back if you decide to buy there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Thanks all. As Eileen said, spent a bit of time looking around. A lot of German sites work this way, so that's not such a worrying sign as I thought at first. There's a risk obviously, but I've looked around and they seem not only legit but quite good. Will let you know how it goes.

Just in case anyone is looking or does look for information, I did order from Wind in the end, and the board and binding arrived today. They were very helpful, and supplied a tracking number once it shipped as well. No problems.

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone is looking or does look for information, I did order from Wind in the end, and the board and binding arrived today. They were very helpful, and supplied a tracking number once it shipped as well. No problems.

Thats good to hear, sorry about my advice, generally i dont trust anything on the internet that ask for money transfer. Anyway good luck with the new board, i just ordered myself a Lib Tech Skate Banana from Sierrasnowboard.com and a pair of Burton Cartels from Ebay, worked out much cheaper than anywhere in europe!

What did you get yourself?

Overflow wrote: »
    Thats good to hear, sorry about my advice, generally i dont trust anything on the internet that ask for money transfer. Anyway good luck with the new board, i just ordered myself a Lib Tech Skate Banana from Sierrasnowboard.com and a pair of Burton Cartels from Ebay, worked out much cheaper than anywhere in europe!

What did you get yourself?

No need to apologise! Better safe then sorry, and I was very wary myself to begin with, hence why I was asking around. I wouldn't ordinarily trust those circumstances, but it seems to be a common practice with German sites/shops. I still wouldn't rush out to buy from a place that carries out that practice, I would definitely recommened to anyone doing so to do their research - hence why I made sure to reply, so the next person doing their research has one other satisified source to calm their fears!

I picked up a Burton Clash, the 07/08 model, with Burton Contour bindings - http://www.wind-onlineshop.com/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=1252&language=en&XTCsid=3aaf6790a82abdd1173253a05cbbc1b2

Was dead keen on that exact model Clash, last years design with the brown detail, and they are hard to find these days (naturally enough), especially from anywhere that will ship to Ireland. Of the few places that would deliver, I'd been quoted shipping costs of anything up to US$300 just to get it, and that's without the added VAT once it arrives here. So, that site not only had the board, but had free shipping for orders over €200, and, because it would ship from the EU, I wouldn't have to pay import tax. Price was good as well, especially as the bindings were included, so all in all, I'm delighted to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Sonderval

Anyone have any advice on ordering boards, bindings from abroad (cheapish)? I've been looking at ebay, but I'm paranoid about getting taxed like crazy on the import.

Would much prefer to buy in the EU from a reputable online shop with decent deals - any good sites?

Sonderval wrote: »
    Anyone have any advice on ordering boards, bindings from abroad (cheapish)? I've been looking at ebay, but I'm paranoid about getting taxed like crazy on the import.

Would much prefer to buy in the EU from a reputable online shop with decent deals - any good sites?

If you buy from Ebay you can generally ask the seller to mark the item as a Gift and a low value like $20, that way you avoid import tax i think. But for insurance purposes this means if your package is lost or damaged in the post i believe your not entitled to anything, now im not 100% on this, maybe someone can clarify.

I just ordered a pair of Burton Cartel bindings for $150 off ebay and the seller marked it down as a gift. I also ordered a snowboard from www.sierrasnowboard.com for $400 so im expecting to get slapped with import tax on that :( but still the board worked out cheaper than anywhere in Europe, shipping was reasonable too at €71, UPS Expedited.

I recommend www.sierrasnowboard.com, they are top quality and have a great customer service. You can even chat to them online, there is usually about 10 sales reps online, very helpful in choosing your equipment!

Advertisement