Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying carpet advice

Options
  • 21-10-2015 5:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Want to get a new carpet for apartment just going with sitting room and hallway.
    Whats the main conversions they use yards metres feet

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Most shops are on a square yard price but it doesn't matter how you measure it as you can convert for free on your phone or online or with an app.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Just did that now.Dearer than i thought for cheap carpet

• Registered Users Posts: 81,283 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

As said usually all priced in yards, some will dual price instore.

With carpet you get what you pay for, it it's an area that will get lots of footfall like a hallway or stairs it's worth spending extra to get hard wearing, otherwise it will need replacement in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Tails142

And don't forget to factor in an underlayer of foam, and if it's an expensive woolen type they will charge you for edging that it gets stretched onto and more edging on saddleboards.

I remember going into des kellys and picking what I thought was a cheap remnant of a nice high quality carpet for a small room, only for your man to whip out his calculator and add another 25% on roughly =) still going strong ten years later though

Advertisement