Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to Buy a house in Blanchardstown, Mulhudart or Clonsilla

Options
  • 17-09-2015 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey all,

My girlfriend and I are looking to buy a house in the Blanchardstown area, but we don't know which areas/estates are safe and what kind of people live there!

We're both working professionals, just got approved for a mortgage of 175k! So its limiting us on where we buy!

Help/advice would be much appreciated! 😀

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Aron137 wrote: »
    Hey all,

My girlfriend and I are looking to buy a house in the Blanchardstown area, but we don't know which areas/estates are safe and what kind of people live there!

We're both working professionals, just got approved for a mortgage of 175k! So its limiting us on where we buy!

I'd be more inclined to stick towards clonee or around clonsilla train station if can get something with your budget.

Although I have a family member that lives in Sadlers ( Mulhuddart) and houses are nice. This seems decent value, and area seems okay.

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/18-saddlers-grove-mulhuddart-dublin-15/3245401

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

Stationcourt in Coolmine on the Clonsilla Road is nice. You'd get something for €175k there I think. The apartments/duplexes were built by Castlethorn in 2002 & were well built. Very close to Coolmine train station & walking distance to Blamchardstown Shopping Centre.
    Mix of rented & owner occupied units there & it's well maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aron137

That's great, thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 snipersham

Hi can someone tell me whats it like to live around the St Bridgets park area in Blanchardstown? Safety of area for family ect....
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

April 73 wrote: »
    Stationcourt in Coolmine on the Clonsilla Road is nice. You'd get something for €175k there I think. The apartments/duplexes were built by Castlethorn in 2002 & were well built. Very close to Coolmine train station & walking distance to Blamchardstown Shopping Centre.
    Mix of rented & owner occupied units there & it's well maintained.

My mam lives in there and while it *is* a lovely area the walls are like paper! I wouldn't recommend duplexes for buying personally, as you have 3 neighbours noise to deal with :) It is a lovely area though and great access to the train station and Blanch centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Try around the huntstown hardstown road. . You might still get a three bed semi for 175 . Asking prices now are a bit more but you never know perhaps some venders will take lower

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Aron137 wrote: »
    Hey all,

How did you get on ? Did you find somthing ?

Advertisement