Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT SEPT 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 haileyr123

Hi, was worried about it being cancelled altogether too! I assume we can take that email as a nod for the exam being put online?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cal100

haileyr123 wrote: »
    Hi, was worried about it being cancelled altogether too! I assume we can take that email as a nod for the exam being put online?

Yeah, if they included that last sentence then I will more or less take that as confirmation. Although I won’t be 100% convinced until they tell us officially! That has put my mind at ease though

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Peek1

My email: I am going to be sitting the GAMSAT 2020 in Dublin which has now been elevated to level 3 restrictions as there has been a surge in Covid cases in Dublin. With this in mind I was wondering will the exam be administered remotely?
    Many thanks in advance

ACER reply: Thank you for your email. We understand that the restrictions in Ireland have tightened and we are making alternative arrangements for affected candidates. We will notify candidates as soon as we can, regarding what happens next. A breakdown of the online exam can be found in the Candidate Information Booklet

How long did it take them to respond to your email?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 purnimasnow

I’m hoping for it to be put online.
    Do you think it would still be on the same dates? I think they may have to postpone it.
    I haven’t done a tap of work since hearing about all this uncertainty. Constantly refreshing emails!!

I’m hoping for it to be put online.
    Do you think it would still be on the same dates? I think they may have to postpone it.
    I haven’t done a tap of work since hearing about all this uncertainty. Constantly refreshing emails!!

Very true.. they may have to postpone to organise online proctoring unless they have had it on standby already. I’m the exact same! It’s been so hard to focus. It’s 6:30pm in Sydney/ Melb now so I imagine we won’t hear today unfortunately. Hopefully tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hcoben111

To be fair though they could have sent an email saying it’s cancelled and they’ll be in touch so we could cancels hotels etc

I emailed them about 3 days ago and I just got that email this morning

My email: I am going to be sitting the GAMSAT 2020 in Dublin which has now been elevated to level 3 restrictions as there has been a surge in Covid cases in Dublin. With this in mind I was wondering will the exam be administered remotely?
    Many thanks in advance

ACER reply: Thank you for your email. We understand that the restrictions in Ireland have tightened and we are making alternative arrangements for affected candidates. We will notify candidates as soon as we can, regarding what happens next. A breakdown of the online exam can be found in the Candidate Information Booklet

After giving it some thought, I think that they might possibly just be referencing the format of the online exam (being done on computers) rather than an indication that it will be online from home.. I may have misinterpreted that

Yes, was wondering the same myself as nothing has been announced, however I did ring the hotel today and they said ACER have cancelled their booking with them. I am hoping in conjunction with that, the exam will be administered remotely. Also on the ACER website they outline that if Covid 19 guidelines change that the test would be delivered remotely. Then again, nothing official was come out which I think is massively unfair and disappointing by ACER

Yes, was wondering the same myself as nothing has been announced, however I did ring the hotel today and they said ACER have cancelled their booking with them. I am hoping in conjunction with that, the exam will be administered remotely. Also on the ACER website they outline that if Covid 19 guidelines change that the test would be delivered remotely. Then again, nothing official was come out which I think is massively unfair and disappointing by ACER

Yes completely. I hope and expect that they will do it remotely. However, I wouldn’t put it past them to try and hold the exam in a hotel in another county that is not under the same restrictions.. Assuming that they won’t but I wouldn’t put it past them.

• Advertisement

As I'm sure you all know by now, we received the email this morning from ACER confirming that the Dublin exam will be held remotely. Have you decided if you will sit both sessions on the 1 day or over 2 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coopersock

Cal100 wrote: »
    As I'm sure you all know by now, we received the email this morning from ACER confirming that the Dublin exam will be held remotely. Have you decided if you will sit both sessions on the 1 day or over 2 days?

I mean two days sounds better in theory but I would like to just get it over to be honest so might just do one day! Also have been messing work around so having to take 1 more day annual leave is better than 2.

Im also slightly worried that the candidates who aren’t sitting online and have to do the exam in the one day will argue that sitting over 2 days is an advantage...

coopersock wrote: »
    I mean two days sounds better in theory but I would like to just get it over to be honest so might just do one day! Also have been messing work around so having to take 1 more day annual leave is better than 2.

Im also slightly worried that the candidates who aren’t sitting online and have to do the exam in the one day will argue that sitting over 2 days is an advantage...

Yeah I see your point completely.. Thinking the same myself. Actually just got the first invitation there to schedule session 1. Booked for the 8th.

Yeah but they'll standardise as best they can I'm sure. Plus, the number of people sitting in Dublin will be very small compared to the number sitting the test worldwide. I imagine there might also be further lockdowns to come in certain areas in the UK where the virus is not being contained, so we might not be the only ones sitting remotely

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AoifeK1995

Hey everyone. I just received an invitation from ProctorU to book my section 3 test remotely. I didn't receive an email from Acer saying the test has moved online, so I'm a bit confused. Has anyone received an invitation for section 1 and 2 yet? This is my first time sitting the test, so my nerves were already running fairly high! Thanks for any help in advance.

AoifeK1995 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I just received an invitation from ProctorU to book my section 3 test remotely. I didn't receive an email from Acer saying the test has moved online, so I'm a bit confused. Has anyone received an invitation for section 1 and 2 yet? This is my first time sitting the test, so my nerves were already running fairly high! Thanks for any help in advance.

It seems like a number of people did not receive an email from ACER, only from ProctorU. I imagine that the email will come through, bu if it doesn't in the next hour or 2 I would email ACER to make sure.

The email basically said that it for dublin candidates it will have to be conducted online, or you have the option to defer or get a refund. The tests are taking place online over the 8th and 9th of Oct and you have to book testing slots through ProctorU

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭noddy78779

This is probably a stupid question but just getting home from a 24 hour shift so brain is a bit slow right now. Is IST the local time for the booking as I'm not getting a GMT listing or do I need to convert it to Indian Standard Time? I know this likely isn't the case but just want to see what others are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roseggalway

I think IST is Irish Standard Time (GMT+1)

noddy78779 wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question but just getting home from a 24 hour shift so brain is a bit slow right now. Is IST the local time for the booking as I'm not getting a GMT listing or do I need to convert it to Indian Standard Time? I know this likely isn't the case but just want to see what others are doing.

Haha no worries. I picked GMT-0 GB Eire i think

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭noddy78779

I think IST is Irish Standard Time (GMT+1)

That makes sense all of a sudden :pac:. Thanks!

In case anyone else in the same boat - I chose BST, which is the same as GMT+1. I didn’t seem to have any other option that made sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 AoifeK1995

Cal100 wrote: »
    It seems like a number of people did not receive an email from ACER, only from ProctorU. I imagine that the email will come through, bu if it doesn't in the next hour or 2 I would email ACER to make sure.

The email basically said that it for dublin candidates it will have to be conducted online, or you have the option to defer or get a refund. The tests are taking place online over the 8th and 9th of Oct and you have to book testing slots through ProctorU

Thanks so much for this! :) Hopefully I hear from them in the next little while, but if not I'll send them a mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 leo of cork

Lads Ive actually been ready for 3 different test dates, just want it done at this stage!
    Does anyone know how many questions were getting in the 2 hour time slot for each section?

Just checking if you all have been able to book your two sessions with ProctorU yet? I only got the link to book my Section 3 yesterday. Thanks 😊

Lads Ive actually been ready for 3 different test dates, just want it done at this stage!
    Does anyone know how many questions were getting in the 2 hour time slot for each section?

Hi, how do you know there is a two hour time slot for each section ? So does that mean two hours for section 1, two hours for section 2 and two hours for section 3 or two hours to complete both section 1& 2 and then another 2 hours for section 3

Just checking if you all have been able to book your two sessions with ProctorU yet? I only got the link to book my Section 3 yesterday. Thanks ��

Yes, I have booked both my sessions

Just checking if you all have been able to book your two sessions with ProctorU yet? I only got the link to book my Section 3 yesterday. Thanks 😊

Yes I got two separate invites and was able to book two separate sessions... best to email ACER

Ok best sort that. Thank you!

Ok best sort that. Thank you!

I would go through the chat option on ProctorU too! They might be able to get it sorted more quickly for you

• Registered Users Posts: 16 leo of cork

Hi, how do you know there is a two hour time slot for each section ? So does that mean two hours for section 1, two hours for section 2 and two hours for section 3 or two hours to complete both section 1& 2 and then another 2 hours for section 3

It says it when booking the sessions but on the gamsat website it say:
    S1 47 questions- 70 mins
    S2 2 essays- 65 mins
    S3 75 questions- 150 mins

Ill mail them to comfirm but they're replies are the best

• Advertisement

How is everyone feeling for the exam now? Definitely feeling very grateful that we can sit remotely.

Advertisement