Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did streaming become a thing and what was the first show you streamed?

Options
  • 21-09-2020 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,611 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I ask because for me it's a relatively new thing. I think the first show I ever streamed was Star Trek Discovery and that only came out around 2 years ago. I have streamed many since then including Lost In Space, Star Wars The Mandolian, Batwomen etc.
    I still watch plenty of regular T.V too and recorded programmes on it as well. Streaming is ok but I prefer a show on the T.V that will never change for me.
    So what year was the first time you streamed I an guessing sometime in the last 5 to 10 years and what was it?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

AMKC wrote: »
    So what year was the first time you streamed I an guessing sometime in the last 5 to 10 years and what was it?

I'd say that a lot of people tried streaming with a certain type of content but maybe a lot might likewise not admit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

As I lived in the sticks I didn't get UK TV so I downloaded everything from UK-Nova that must of been 17 years ago now when I started that.

The first video I watched live-streamed was a conference from GUI in 2003 It was a crappy stream that was throttled by my internet at 512Kbps

Quality means more to me now, So who ever has the best quality is what I will watch it on.

Some streaming services are fairly crap so Sky is better where as Netflix has the best quality of anything out there.

Advertisement