Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where does IW jurisdiction end in terms of the connection to a domestic dwelling?

Options
  • 22-09-2020 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,237 ✭✭✭✭

My question relates to the increasingly common practice of houses that are being refurbished doing away with the cold tanks and immersion cylinders and connecting everything, including gas combi boilers to the rising main.
    So does IW jurisdiction end at the meter and does it care what happens down stream of the meter?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi Calahonda52,
    My question relates to the increasingly common practice of houses that are being refurbished doing away with the cold tanks and immersion cylinders and connecting everything, including gas combi boilers to the rising main.
    So does IW jurisdiction end at the meter and does it care what happens down stream of the meter?
    Irish Water is responsible for the public water and wastewater network. Please see this link. Pipework and systems used on private property would fall outside of our remit.

We would recommend that homeowners always abide by planning regulations and hire qualified contractors if conducting any works.

Thanks,
    Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,237 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Hi Calahonda52,
    Irish Water is responsible for the public water and wastewater network. Please see this link. Pipework and systems used on private property would fall outside of our remit.

We would recommend that homeowners always abide by planning regulations and hire qualified contractors if conducting any works.

Thanks,
    Niamh
    Thank you!

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi Calahonda52,
    Hi Calahonda52,

Thanks,
    Niamh
    Thank you!
    You are very welcome.

Kind regards,
    Niamh

Advertisement