Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necro Presents - Album Walrus

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

As a slight aside*, I've often thought Walrus reveals could benefit from a couple of sentences on why it was nominated. "What they said" followed by "What I thought", that's what I was thinking when it gets round to me

*or spoiling your exact idea :D

Nah, it won't be *too* much extra work but I'm working on something to give appreciation for the albums entered...

And THEN tear them apart by revealing how I scored them :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Good luck with that. Some of the time you'd be lucky to get the proper song title from some people, or you have to deduce what category they're nominating any given song for as the list isn't even in order and often the PMs need all sorts of decoding, never mind trying to get everyone to send in notes as well.

Some people do send great blurbs, and always try to have a few accompanying sentences myself when nominating, but sometimes you get Walrus submissions in and you'd spend half an hour scratching your head wondering what feckin drugs some people must've been taking when they threw together that PM... :rolleyes:
    Well I was going to say it's completely optional, but given that I might make it compulsory :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Well I was going to say it's completely optional, but given that I might make it compulsory :p
    IDZJKWEG.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I always try to give a little bit of context when I sent nominations to other people's walruses. Some of the fellow Forum Gamers seem to appreciate it - and if someone doesn't they can simply ignore it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Zaph tosses his hat into the ring as the final stretch for sign ups is in sight.

More listening done today on category 1, very impressed with the standard so far!

• Advertisement

And Rikand has entered his magnum opus. It's slightly possible I might spend more time reading his PM than listening to all the albums :pac:

Under two days left to go. Really enjoying the entries so far in Round 1 it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

It was longer but I reigned myself in. Also changing two of my selections before the cut off :)

I'm actually way ahead of schedule here thanks to work today, got in the full second listen for all albums ( had listened to each once as they came in).

I may be able for a reveal early next week, just need to do up my write-ups really.

Gonna start on round 2 anyways to keep on top of things

But I'm gonna close sign ups now anyways so I don't have to go back and revamp stuff.

Reveal Thread is now live.

First Round Reveal tonight at 8pm :P

Advertisement