Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new hearing aid

Options
  • 08-06-2020 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Sadly I have lost my hearing aid, flipped off ear by removal of facemask. I had it 5 yrs and battery powered. I have hearing loss in one ear only. I wish there was someway I could have fixed it more permanantly to my ear like an earring attaches. I know of one type that is fixed to side of glasses but I dont wear glasses permanently.

I had it 5 yrs and was happy with it. Is it all fancy stuff now with rechargeable set up? Or can I still get a basic hearing aid ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sorry to hear that :(

How bad is your hearing? Would you be able to get the In The Ear hearing aid? DO you remember who you got the hearing aid from? A relative has a hearing aid that you put batteries into, and he got it recently enough (last year or so).

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I got it in Specsavers and got a discount by not availing of second hearing aid. I was happy enough with batteries as they gave me enough for 4 yrs and still have vouchers to spare. I suppose battery is the cheaper option. I dont think I am candidate for inear. Quite deaf in one ear and excellent in other so can't locate sounds or tune out if background noise, two ears work in tandem like both eyes. It became an issue for traffic safety and then appreciated the quality of stereo sound. Actually surprised I kept it for so long. Just was out of habit of wearing it when confined to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

Bonavox in dublin still provide powerful behind the ear hearing aids, i will always have to wear one and i hope they don't ever stop selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Garlinge wrote: »
    I got it in Specsavers and got a discount by not availing of second hearing aid.
    That sounds odd (no pun intended :P). Anyhoos, As above, Bonavox is good. Deaf Hear, aka Chime are also recommended on here (people have said that they do the battery voucher thing as well). Have used Bonavox for the past 10 or 20 years myself, and find the technicians excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Specsavers 'deal' was two for price of one ... I asked if I could have two right hand hearing aids instead of a left and a right so I would have a spare. But I was offered discount for taking one instead. I was always happy with them for glasses and local branch was handy for me tho did have to go to a better branch for some extra test.

• Advertisement
Advertisement