Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone to Cavan Commute

Options
  • 28-01-2008 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm toying with the idea of applying for a job in Cavan and living in Athlone. The AA routeplanner says it's 84km. Is this a feasible commute for every day? The road is the N55 from Athlone, thru Ballymahon & Granard to Cavan. Anyone do this route care to comment.
    Thanks
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

know it well personally i think its a b itch of a road ,no saving graces at all.Edgesworthtown to granard have seen many bad accidents over the years and its woeful in ice etc .I think dublin for a job would be easier.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Ludicrous commute. 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening. Not worth it AT ALL. Get a lower paid job closer to home and be happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Thanks for the advice. Was only playing around with a few ideas. I didn't think it would be suitable for a daily commute but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
    Working for a semi state should make it easy to move back home but unfortunately the last place they want people moving to is their hometown.

Advertisement