Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shipping from Europe

• 03-01-2021 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going round the twist here. Myself and my partner have just purchased our first home and I'm looking for a dining table and can't find anything I like in Irish shops.

I've turned to looking on the continent/UK and have found a few pieces on Made.com and Masons du Monde. Has anyone had any success in getting larger furniture pieces from suppliers in mainland Europe? ColisExpat have said no can do as its too large.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Made.com certainly sold to Ireland pre Brexit. No real reason why they should not continue to do so under withdrawal agreement unless the Irish market was too small. I have about 15 large piece of Made furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

Marcusm wrote: »
    Made.com certainly sold to Ireland pre Brexit. No real reason why they should not continue to do so under withdrawal agreement unless the Irish market was too small. I have about 15 large piece of Made furniture.

I've unfortunately emailed them and they've said they're no longer shipping to us. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    I've unfortunately emailed them and they've said they're no longer shipping to us. :(

Even before that their shipping charges went way up for some reason. I have a couple of medium and large items from them and I always found their shipping reasonable or even cheap for the likes of lamps etc but when I went to price a medium sized item two months ago the shipping was almost the price of the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 black and white

Can anyone recommend any online European furniture sites. I'm looking to get a console table and finding most UK sites will not ship to Ireland and some not shipping to NI either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

lcarrol3 wrote: »

I looked into it further. They still deliver to some continental European countries. It seems ireland was services directly from UK warehouses. THe problem now is that they would import to UK and then when reexporting to Ireland would have to do customs etc all over again (the furniture is all made in the far East). it will be interesting to see whether they can set themselves up for it in the future. It really is an admin barrier rather than a cost one. I imagine that their logistics are such that serving Ireland from the continental warehouses would not be cost effective.

• Advertisement
Advertisement