Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gives Me Hope - I nearly cried reading these!

• 10-08-2010 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

Sometimes, you come across something that just touches you. This website did to me. These are some of the most amazing stories I've read ever.

http://www.givesmehope.com/top

A boy was dying of cancer and needed an expensive brain surgery, but his family, broke and desperate, couldn't afford it. His 8 yr old took sister Tess took her piggy bank savings to a pharmacist in order to buy a 'miracle'. it just so happens that the right man witnessed the little girl's tears at the pharmacy counter: a neurosurgeon. He performed the surgery for free.

A little girl was dying of cancer and her younger brother had a match for the bone marrow she needed.
    The doctors told him it was a matter of life and death.
    After he had the surgery, he asked the doctors how long he had to live.
    He thought if he gave his bone marrow to let his sister live he would die - but he did it anyway.

In 8th grade, there was a girl with special needs in my class.
    One day while walking home, I saw some mean boys telling her that there was gold in a puddle of mud. She ran over to the puddle of mud and started splashing in it, and the boys laughed as she got dirty.
    Instead of laughing, another boy in my class went up and started playing in the mud with her. He GMH.

A boy walked over to a new girl in kindergarten. They became best friends.
    He told her he loved her, but she just laughed. He simply replied to her laugh, "I can wait."
    Every year on that same day he would tell her "I love you!" Finally, she said it back.
    We are now married.

Today I was approached by a homeless man who asked if I had any change.
    I only had two dimes, but I gave it to him anyway. As I watched him walk away, he put the dimes in an expired parking meter of a stranger's car.
    Someone who can't afford to buy himself something to eat but helps others GMH.

I am 15. Today, a 4 year old boy approached me.
    He told me I was the most beautiful "lady" he had ever seen. He then asked me to marry him.
    I said yes and am now wearing a ring pop.
    A little boy's innocence GMH.

Today I found out about a 10-year-old boy who has been harrassed by his classmates because he refuses to say the Pledge of Allegiance. Why? He says that until gays and lesbians have equal rights, there isn't really "liberty and justice for all". Kids with the courage to stand up for their fellow human beings GMH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I love GMH, makes me cry everytime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

This site is my homepage! <3
    My bf discovered it a while ago, it always makes me smile :)

Every night, my little brother comes in my room to give me a hug before he goes to bed.

Even though usually I'm not really paying attention to him, and even though my door is usually closed, he always says "I love you" and hugs me before he goes to sleep.

My brother's unfailing LGMH.

Advertisement