Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agreement on how assets

Options
  • 29-09-2019 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all,

My ex and I are doing a DYI divorce. Is there a way for us to say we both agreed on X on how to split our assets?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jamon_serrano

Will reply to myself with what I found. There are 2 things

Separation agreement.
    Pension Adjustment Order.

Not sure why the 1st one doesn't include the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Will reply to myself with what I found. There are 2 things

Separation agreement.
    Pension Adjustment Order.

Not sure why the 1st one doesn't include the latter.

Yes i think Seperation Agreement is the way to go, especially if your amicable and on good terms....

Do ou mind me asking, what did the solicitor cost charge for being a witness on your Seperation Agreement?

Hey, I haven't asked for a quote yet to a Solicitor but by reading other posts here it is in the order or 1.5k to 3k which I find absurd. I am wondering if there is a DIY option or with a mediator is cheaper.

I can't believe how complicated is to get a divorce in Ireland when you are in good terms with your ex and we both know exactly what we want.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Hey, I haven't asked for a quote yet to a Solicitor but by reading other posts here it is in the order or 1.5k to 3k which I find absurd. I am wondering if there is a DIY option or with a mediator is cheaper.

I can't believe how complicated is to get a divorce in Ireland when you are in good terms with your ex and we both know exactly what we want.

My ex and I had an amicable separation and the separation agreement cost her 3k and me 3.5k. I then had another few thousand to pay for transfer of house deeds and land titles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Well would you believe, that i have come to a soloution...
    If you are amicable with your ex, all you need to do if agreed ias to complete a deed of seperation, which does not have to be witnessed by a solicitor, or inf fact anyone at all....

If it comes down to gettting names of the deeds of the house, that will cost you but should be under €500 for solicitors fees, as long as the mortgage company are ok and approve it...

And apart from that, if you want a cheap divorce, get your Deed of seperation signed by you both, one copy each and apply for a DIY divorce... Should be relatively straight forward and affordable as long as you are both agreed and on good terms...

• Advertisement

I am so sorry, just seeing this now. Thanks, yes we will go through that option.

Advertisement