Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Massive Battery Drain - PlayStore Update (Aug 2020) [Merged]

13»

Comments

Aye, I cleared the cache on the day this thread was posted.

I was awake before 5am this morning, battery was down to 63% from over 90 when I put it into flight mode. There was a note on it yesterday about Outlook and later WhatsApp about the battery. I had a look when I was up on at the crack of dawn and it said Food Tribe 7% and a few others like Garmin Connect were 1%. I'll see how it fares tonight.

Cleared the cache again earlier.

If it doesn't have either the Covid app or Google Play Services high in your battery usage data then you have a different issue. Just be aware that it is still possible to turn on WiFi etc. while in flight mode, make sure you're not doing that by accident. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

LaLa2004 wrote: »
    I deleted the Covid app. I emptied the cache on Google Play. I've woken up to an empty battery this morning. Up to Saturday, August 8, the battery would last at least one day. It's a Oneplus 7.

All back to normal here - battery charge lasting a minimum of one day. Fast charging is working properly.
    I'm still very happy with the OnePlus 7. I think this was just a glitch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

If it doesn't have either the Covid app or Google Play Services high in your battery usage data then you have a different issue. Just be aware that it is still possible to turn on WiFi etc. while in flight mode, make sure you're not doing that by accident. :)

Message this evening says, stop battery drain.

Outlook 6.8% or more per day and Covid Tracker Ireland 19% or more per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

No official statement from nearform so they are probably still trying to fix this problem in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭redlead

Can't believe I'm only seeing this thread now. I'm after going and spending 600 bucks on a new phone because I thought my phone was banjaxed. It's now working perfectly again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Ahh sure you needed a better upgraded phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Other apps are misbehaving now, has google messed up again? My Swype Keyboard did 49% of my battery today, I have it installed for years with no issues?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Is this happening again? I'll try clearing the cache once more. If not, might be just the age of my phone or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Is this happening again? I'll try clearing the cache once more. If not, might be just the age of my phone or something else.

Not with me anyway.

Advertisement