Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot tub time machine 2

Options
  • 06-01-2015 4:39pm

I thought that the first one was under-rated and pretty funny.

Didn't think that a sequel would be on the cards but out next month.

Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWa4INxk4y4

From the trailer it seems to be the original cast, sans John Cusack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I thought the first was awful. Is there really any need for a second?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I thought it was watchable enough - definitely not great, but I'd be willing to give the sequel a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Can't believe they are making a second one. The first was pure garbage. Saying that I will probably end up seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why just why

I really liked the original, it was one of the few John Cusack efforts in recent years that wasn't unwatchable. Picked it up on Blu a few months back and it still made me laugh which is rare for any comedy I watch a second time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

this has carcrash stamped all over it !

:D

but ill go cause its the type of occasional nuttieness i like every now and then, and hey they could have fun with the future reality . pity cusack doesnt seem to be in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

My impression from the trailer is that it'll seriously miss Cusack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Wonder why Cusack didnt sign up? Its not like he's had a lot of work over the past 5 years.

Loved the original and will definitely be watching this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Wonder why Cusack didnt sign up? Its not like he's had a lot of work over the past 5 years.

Loved the original and will definitely be watching this.

He's been in 17 films since HTTM.

He has been when you consider that they are all direct to VOD releases you have to wonder why he would pass on a sure fire hit like this. Some of Cusack's recent releases such as Drive Hard, The Factory, The Numbers Station and so on are amongst the worst film you will see

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

The only one Ive remembered apart from HTTM of recent years has been 2012 so it goes to show how insignificant those 16 other films were. Which is a shame cos the guy can act and has both comedic and drama range,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Liam O wrote: »
    My impression from the trailer is that it'll seriously miss Cusack.

Rob Corddry's character is probably the worst character to switch the attention to. He was annoying in an entertaining way as a side character but I'm not overly excited about the prospect of him being the focus of this one.

EDIT; Actually rewatching the trailer it doesn't seem to be overly focused on him. It really depends on the chemistry between the 3, Cusack held them all together last time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Poor old Maps to the Stars, still not getting much respect :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Looks like the trailer ended with the ending of the movie :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I thought Cusack was good in The Frozen Ground, shame he didn't do this as I liked the first one.

yes from the trailer it doesn't look overly promising and surely Cusack will be missed as in the first one all the other characters were pretty much purely comedic characters whereas Cusack's character was a sort of a cynic type which gave it a bit of balance. Will see what the reviews say...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,997 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

liked the first, i will give it a watch anyway.

i follow Cusack on twitter, and i seem to remember him saying he was not asked back for the second rather than him deciding not to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Adam Scott, Chevy Chase and Gillian Jacobs are in this sequel

The Lou character probably
    killed himself, shotgun to the d*ck

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Looks like the trailer ended with the ending of the movie :confused:

ya i was giving out about it at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I felt you could easily replaced Cusack with Paul rudd and noboy would have noticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Fair to say Mr Cusack isn't a fan of the second one based on this tweet maybe he read the script and thought it was bad.
    https://twitter.com/johncusack/status/568886664644288512

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Adam Scott, Chevy Chase and Gillian Jacobs are in this sequel

The Lou character probably
    killed himself, shotgun to the d*ck

Cusack has a reputation for being an awful pain in the hole to work with. So, not entirely surprised he wasn't asked back. Thought the first movie was very poor.

Forgot Chevy was in the first. And they invited him back.

Calling this a comedy may be against the trade description act, the original film remains an enjoyable and fun comedy with a number of inspired ideas. Sadly the John Cusack lacking sequel is amongst the least funny big screen comedies in a number of years. A bland and boring waste of time that squanders a good comedic cast on a script that can only really be described as garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

John Cusack actually is
    in the unrated version.

John Cusack actually is
    in the unrated version.

I know, it's the unrated version I watched. He has all of 10 seconds of screen time and it feels like a desperate attempt to set up a third film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I thought it was just about watchable, but very much on the poor side of watchable. Some good moments lost in total banality.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I felt most sorry for the normally excellent Adam Scott..

.. no matter how much money he got, it really wasn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I watched this recently and though it was "alright" but nothing more than that. Some funny moments but that's about it. The original I wasn't impressed with at all initially but it did get better on 2nd viewing.

Better than that awful Last Vegas that I watched last night. 4 big names that have been around decades, Vegas, a bachelor party and it wasn't funny at all..

Advertisement