Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

world of warcraft

Options
  • 21-09-2007 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

hay was up ppl. who plays w.o.w?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

........People in the World of Warcraft forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kyle 327

........People in the World of Warcraft forum?

ok there is a game that you can buy its called "world of warcraft "
    and i just thought that some ppl here play world of warcraft
    world of warcraft or wow is a game( or i gess not)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

They do, here, in the world of warcraft forum.

oh my bad i accidentally said forms on the end of wow
    sorry

╔╗╔═╦╗
    ║╚╣║║╚╗
    ╚═╩═╩═╝ i feel so emberrist sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

After countless times of slagging wow off 'without actually playing it' i decided to give it a go and tbh it was as boring as i expected it to be.So i asked some peeps in the know is it really this boring to which i was told it doesn't start happening till lvl 40/60.So if it doesnt start happening till lvl 40 which pre-exp pack was almost 70% of lvling time kinda makes it seems pointless.To actually hear it doesn't get good till lvl 60 which was 100% lvl req pre-exp packs seems an awful waste of time to suggest the game doesn't get good till you make end-game lvl.Does actually paying a sub for games like wow make it anymore fun than f2p games .... ? Till i play the game that suggests that well then i would have to say no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Yeah I didn't like it, but 9 million people do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jonny72 wrote:
    Yeah I didn't like it, but 9 million people do..
    I got utterly hooked on it, but never really enjoyed playing any of it. (apart from the occasional chats I had with a mate I knew from RL, but I could've done that on messenger or face to face ffs!)
    Looking back, I'm filled with a horrible sense of regret at having wasted so much of my life playing such a joyless game.

i cant wait to get mine ill see what its like

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm sure it is boring if you play it on your own, but it's a massively multiplayer game, you're supposed to play with other people. I played with people I knew and it was fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

d22ontour wrote:
    After countless times of slagging wow off 'without actually playing it' i decided to give it a go and tbh it was as boring as i expected it to be.So i asked some peeps in the know is it really this boring to which i was told it doesn't start happening till lvl 40/60.So if it doesnt start happening till lvl 40 which pre-exp pack was almost 70% of lvling time kinda makes it seems pointless.To actually hear it doesn't get good till lvl 60 which was 100% lvl req pre-exp packs seems an awful waste of time to suggest the game doesn't get good till you make end-game lvl.Does actually paying a sub for games like wow make it anymore fun than f2p games .... ? Till i play the game that suggests that well then i would have to say no.

Depends what you like. I loved the whole game up until level 60. Then it got boring. No more exploring and lots of players taking it far too seriously and treating it like a job.

Up until level 60 though, the journey was great. A beautifully crafted world to explore and lots of ways to have fun with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

wow is a plague on all mankind, it should be banned

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Raiding sucks, PvP is fun.

/waiting on Warhammer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

magick wrote:
    wow is a plague on all mankind, it should be banned

while I don't support the banning of harmful substances, I do think wow is worse than heroin and wow users oughta get some of the same health-care services junkies oughta get.

they could go into a net cafe in dublin for a half hour a day and play planetarion or something, nothing too fancy..but just enough so they get their fix.

their dirty, dirty fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

it's been number one or there abouts in the charts for years so somebody must be playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

yes somebody...... <_< >_>

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I got to level 70 and have to say the game was great up untill about level 45 or 50, the burning crusade part of wow was rubbish imo, really poor areas and not nearly as interesting as the original part of the game. Once I got to 70 I quickly became bored and ive since quit it and gone back to Final Fantasy 11 Online which is a far superior more involving game where you feel there genuinely is a purpose to what you are doing rather than leveling up for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I enjoyed it quite a lot till about lvl 50. Then it was just the usual "why am i doing this" feel i get from most mmorpgs ive played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Wow never dragged me in at all, and I can't stand it, although it does keep my irritating housemate busy so I don't have to deal with him. Also, since watching "The Guild" by chance on youtube I check my couch for gnome warlocks EVERY NIGHT.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ndez

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but couldn't find a new one. Is anyone in here still playing WOW? I came back to check the new expansion Warlords of Draenor and it looks the real deal. Players can now build garrisons and outposts, and the whole addition has the feel of good old vanilla wow. Blizzard should have add these new features years ago, but better later than never.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

link to the forum. never played it myself really.

it's under games -> massively multiplayer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement